lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-27-2011, 02:06 PM   #1
DKYBIRD
Not Yet Wild

Default '04 DS power problems

I have a 2004 DS Club Car with '04 Trojan batteries. Assuming originals. Once charged they hold full 48 volts, even after ten or fiftenn minutes of riding. However this cart has always been strong on all surfaces including uphill but all of a sudden after a full charge it just barely moves anymore on any surface other than flat (I mean it will still do fine for five or so minutes but that's about it). Meter says batteries are good while sitting after a ride and a full charge. Other than weakening batteries what else could this possibly be? Just don't wanna sink the money into new batteries if its another familiar issue. Also considering going with 12 volt 4 pack as I do not do any long term riding. 30 minutes is the max I've ever kept my foot on the pedal as I use this cart for hunting and taking my kids for rides around the neighborhood. Thoughts welcome and much appreciated!
DKYBIRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-28-2011, 09:33 AM   #2
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: '04 DS power problems

A fully charged battery pack should give reading of 50.96 and individual batterys should read 8.49. Im afraid you are going to need to replace you old pack with new fresh batterys? I would not go with 12 volt batterys ( CC has switched back to 8 volt batterys for many reasons ) You will never be happy with them as you have had the best pack already? Example Trojans ( 8 volts ) T-875 170 AMP HOUR RATED, T-890 190 AMP HOUR RATED Trojan 12 volts T1275 150 AMP HOUR RATED?
OLD MEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 09:41 AM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

You need new batteries. I would stick with the 6/8v set up.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 12:23 PM   #4
DKYBIRD
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for your help. I re-posted this same topic as I could not find the thread. Sorry for that and again, thanks for the help!
DKYBIRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car