lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-06-2011, 04:01 PM   #11
bc40ton
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 02 ds resistor

Just checked, I have pack voltage through frame using pos battery and frame as ground. I am looking for anything installed by previous owner. Should I disconnect each black box 1 at a time and retest?
bc40ton is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-06-2011, 04:29 PM   #12
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

I quoted from clubcarpartsdirect parts list so I would say you need both for a 2001 NONE IQ CC.
I would start by cleaning battery and supports on pack with baking soda and water mix and a wire brush, allow to dry completly ( BEWARE DONT ALLOW BAKING SODA INTO CELL AS THAT RUINS THEM ) and see if that makes a difference in readings. ( batterys can feed through dirt and moisture ). Then check each battery cable for touching or insulation worn or torn back. From there is eliminating small cables and anything electrical that could ground to cart frame. Especially check things like lights, horns, turn signals, stop light switches, radio's, etc. I FIND LOTS OF TURN SIGNALS HOOKED TO STEERING COLUMN WITHOUT INSULATION BETWEEN? They need extra lead from 12 volt power supply ground to turn signal housing to have turn indicator light work.
When I'm looking for shorts I install a light bulb of proper voltage ( 4--12 volt bulbs wired in series= 48 volts ) connected between battery pack plus and frame. then as you unhook different parts light will go out when you hit right one or combination. Nice visual way that saves lots of rechecking.
OLD MEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 04:58 PM   #13
bc40ton
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Just making sure I have this right. The frame is NOT used for any part of the 48 volt system. So when I probe the #1 battery positive and probe the frame with the negative probe, no voltage should show, correct? I disconnected the pos wire leading to the solenoid, therefore sending no power to the wiring whatsoever and I still show pack voltage from pos batt to frame. I'm ready to go stand in the rain. Batts are new, tray was wirebrushed and rubber undercoated. Looking at main batt cables now. Thanks for sticking with me!
bc40ton is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car