lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-06-2011, 08:18 PM   #1
scooter48
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default will 99 cc 3.5hp motor replace a 94 cc 2.97 motor

my 94 cc 36v has v glide control with 5 cables going to resistors, then out of last resistor to motor. my motor is a cc 2.97 special service in good cond. my neighbor has a 99 cc 48v with 3.5hp 36v high speed motor he is getting 25 mph out of it. he is upgrading for more toqure and offered me the 3.5hp motor for 100.00 bucks. i really would like to increase my speed if it will work. i know I'll need 48v battery back,charger,silonoid, but will that work. his cart has a speed control that looks like a vglide but only one cable coming out and it goes to a control box ,then to the motor. will the motor work with my current setup till i can upgrade my speed control? thanks to all. I really enjoy this forum.
scooter48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-07-2011, 09:46 AM   #2
GLEEMO
just leave me alone

Club Car

Default Re: will 99 cc 3.5hp motor replace a 94 cc 2.97 motor

go here and read this
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...questions.html
GLEEMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 01:18 PM   #3
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

You would gain more by sticking with your 36 volt motor and going to 48 volts rather than lighter wound duty 48 volt motor even with slight increase in HP.
OLD MEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 02:04 PM   #4
GLEEMO
just leave me alone

Club Car

He is right , to find out if his 36 Volt motor is better than yours.
Get the RPM rating of both the higher the better .
But once U go up to 48 Volts on U'r batteries, solenoids cables , controller ...etc.
U will definitely notice a huge increase in either.
Old 03-11-2011, 10:55 PM   #5
scooter48
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks gleemo and old mec for the info, i got started on my 36 to 48 change over. New batteries,hd 48v silonoid, cables,are done.also put on set of 12" x 5.30 trailer wheels with street tires 20" dia. Bolted right on,same bolt pattern 4 on 4. No clearence issues.raised the rear 2 1/2" with shackels and old set of mr. Gasket shock extentions i dug up. Swaped my charger at local shop for 48v for 75.00 boot and he swapped the plug cord,and put in the jumper wire . Before any changes 11mph after 18mph. Put on neighbors 36v 3 1/2 hp high speed motor,got 22 mph on gps. 100% increase over orig. Setup,got to say i like the change. Been checking close for hot spots,so far even at slower speeds all is good,the only area with any heat are resistors, i made (5) heat sinks out of copper sheet stock and installed on the 1st (5) cable connections on resistors to pull heat away from cable ends. Installed them on the bottom of the resistor board to catch more air flow. Batteries block air circulation on the top side, cable ends running cool. Thanks again , soon as $$$ allows, speed control upgrades$$$. I have a good 36v 2.97 hp motor would like to trade for something that is better than my current setup (v glide and resistors) thanks gleemo and old mec
Old 03-11-2011, 10:58 PM   #6
GLEEMO
just leave me alone

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter48 View Post
Thanks gleemo and old mec for the info, i got started on my 36 to 48 change over. New batteries,hd 48v silonoid, cables,are done.also put on set of 12" x 5.30 trailer wheels with street tires 20" dia. Bolted right on,same bolt pattern 4 on 4. No clearence issues.raised the rear 2 1/2" with shackels and old set of mr. Gasket shock extentions i dug up. Swaped my charger at local shop for 48v for 75.00 boot and he swapped the plug cord,and put in the jumper wire . Before any changes 11mph after 18mph. Put on neighbors 36v 3 1/2 hp high speed motor,got 22 mph on gps. 100% increase over orig. Setup,got to say i like the change. Been checking close for hot spots,so far even at slower speeds all is good,the only area with any heat are resistors, i made (5) heat sinks out of copper sheet stock and installed on the 1st (5) cable connections on resistors to pull heat away from cable ends. Installed them on the bottom of the resistor board to catch more air flow. Batteries block air circulation on the top side, cable ends running cool. Thanks again , soon as $$$ allows, speed control upgrades$$$. I have a good 36v 2.97 hp motor would like to trade for something that is better than my current setup (v glide and resistors) thanks gleemo and old mec
PICTURES of heat sink setup PLEASE !
Old 03-12-2011, 07:50 PM   #7
scooter48
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

i will take some pictures of the top view & bottom view, but I might need some help posting, i can get pictures on my computer, but I've never sent one anywhere. never tried. went for a 3 mile ride today, 4 adults on cart and it did great.
Old 03-12-2011, 11:01 PM   #8
GLEEMO
just leave me alone

Club Car

K if U have problems getting them to upload just yell and we'll walk U through it !
Old 03-13-2011, 12:54 AM   #9
sonicj
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter48 View Post
dang! you've been busy!

i'd like to see pictures of the 12"wheel/20"tire combo!
-sj
sonicj is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car