lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-07-2011, 11:33 AM   #1
pharewayphred
Not Yet Wild

Default Lights and power drain

I have a 2003 Club car. I purchased it used in2010 and the battery pack had been installed Nov 2007. Recently , the run time has become unreliable. I am looking to replace them now as two of the batteries are very low. Actual readings are: 7.91,6.58, 8.48,8.30,8.36 and 8.79 after an overnight charge. Someone suggested that when there is a light pkg. on the cart it will draw down the two bats attached to it. I think the best way of putting the question is, would I do well to consider adding a 12v battery under the seat with a separte charger for the lights, ( headlights/tailights )? Is this a way to keep the power drain even throughout the drive pack?
pharewayphred is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-07-2011, 11:47 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Lights and power drain

Some go the 12v battery route. Most 12v batteries are not deep cycle but cranking batteries designed for light draw and immediate recharge, like starting a car. You will kill the separate battery if it is left uncharged for long periods of time.
A DC to DC reducer will draw evenly across the pack. Steer clear of the cheapest ones, usually 10amp rating... they seem to be much more durable in the 20-30amp range. They should be connected so they can be shut off when the cart is not in service.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 07:18 PM   #3
WW
Republica De Norte Cuba

Yamaha

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/intro...90-engine.html

How soon we forget.

WW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 10:36 AM   #4
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

I use a handicap scooter battery for accessory power sourse. They are small &"X5.5"X7" and are sealed so can be mounted in any position. Being made for load and travel they are similiar to golf cart batterys only smaller amp hour rated. I only charge mine twice a month with a regular auto charger.
OLD MEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 04:19 PM   #5
pharewayphred
Not Yet Wild

Thanks, I hadn't thought of a handicap battery but that sounds like a possible solution.
pharewayphred is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car