lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-25-2011, 08:18 AM   #11
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Default Re: 1997 Electric DS 48V NO MOVEMENT

not being smart but can,t tell you how many here will say well it seems to be ok only to find out when they do test or try it what seemed to be ok wasn,t ok...............start with basics get your battery voltage up and test than load test them and check all cables by tugging, pulling twisting..........does charger work? how many soleniods 1 or 2? if 2 did you jump the right one the right way.......................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-25-2011, 09:54 AM   #12
GLEEMO
just leave me alone

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowman View Post
not being smart but can,t tell you how many here will say well it seems to be ok only to find out when they do test or try it what seemed to be ok wasn,t ok...............start with basics get your battery voltage up and test than load test them and check all cables by tugging, pulling twisting..........does charger work? how many soleniods 1 or 2? if 2 did you jump the right one the right way.......................................
He is correct , always start at the beginning , some times it is the most obvious . (Loose or worn out cables, Dirty batteries ... etc.)
GLEEMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 11:01 AM   #13
jjcatqfi
Not Yet Wild

Ok, heres where we are at, I replaced all the cables connecting the batteries together with fresh ones, disconnected all wires that lead to the cart, isolating just the battery pack. Next i wired the batteries directly to the charger.

So far so good, batteries are charging, drawing around 5 amps. Since im Circumventing all the safety features of the system ive got the cart sitting outside my office door so i can check it every so often.

Ill report back on how this turns out likely in a few hours.
jjcatqfi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 11:10 AM   #14
GLEEMO
just leave me alone

Club Car

So U do know the charger will not turn itself off , the OBC tells the charger when to turn off. Keep an eye on it once it gets to 58-60 volts on pack , unplug charger and let the
pack settle from 6-8 hours and take reading .
Old 03-25-2011, 12:07 PM   #15
jjcatqfi
Not Yet Wild

Just turned pack off, batteries #1 and #2 were reading 11.7 volts each (while connected to charger), other batterys were around 8.8V - 9V still drawig 5 amp. Reading 52V across pack.

Im going to move batteries #1 and #2 to middle of pack and (positions 3 and 4) and allow it to rest for afew hours.

To answer eariler questions this is a single solenoid cart.

Lunch Time!
Old 03-25-2011, 12:18 PM   #16
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Moving the batteries around in a series pack serves no purpose. Did the charger shut off by itself?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 01:34 PM   #17
jjcatqfi
Not Yet Wild

No i went around the electronics and did a "forced" charge, but i got concerned with those high voltages, i would say they were on the charger about an hour.

*UPDATE*

Batteries have rested for 2 hours, checking voltages reading between 8.2 and 7.8 - pack reads 48.4. Hooked negative back up, and charger would "click" on. However my initial problem of the negative side of the charger port DOES NOT go to ground. So when i plug the charger in, in this arrangement, it clicks but no amps draw due to the negative side of charger going no where.

Does this confirm that my ON Board Computer is toast?

thanks!

*update* BTY moving the batteries around has no effect on them :p
Old 03-25-2011, 04:07 PM   #18
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

i,m kinda confused about the black wire?? is it a wire from the charger from the cart??regardless if its a ground wire it has to go somewhere.......what wire is it exactly............................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 04:52 PM   #19
jjcatqfi
Not Yet Wild

The black wire that goes from the fuse on the back side of the charger port that runs back to the on board computer. It doesnt run to ground, it seemingly disappears into the computer. The Positive nut on the computer shows 48V.
Old 03-25-2011, 05:16 PM   #20
GLEEMO
just leave me alone

Club Car

we need a picture , are U talking about the last -Neg lead which goes through the small hole in the OBC ?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car