lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-30-2011, 07:25 AM   #1
drick67
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Charging Question

I am getting my 2007 DS IQ Club Car on Wednesday. It has the 4- 12 volt battery pack. I work out of town alot and was wondering if I should unplug my charger or leave it plugged in? I am out of town for 7-14 days at at a time, there will be no one there to tend the cart while I am gone. I am worried about the water level for an extended period of time, I know the charger will cycle when the batteries get fully charged but still concerned about taking proper care of my batteries. Thanks for your input! Excited to finally get it, only bought it 3 weeks ago but due to parts and my work schedule havent been able to take delivery, it will have a PQ motor and new 4 ga cables from Scotty, CANT WAIT!!
drick67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-30-2011, 08:02 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Charging Question

This was posted this AM, it is a great bit of battery information. It is a little long but everyone who reads the whole thing is going to know how the batteries live and die and how your use and charging habits effect their useful lifetime.

I believe the modern CC charger samples the pack and recharges every 28 days when left plugged in.

http://www.progressivedyn.com/battery_basics.html
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 08:07 AM   #3
drick67
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Thanks Scotty! I hope to have the cables in the mail Tuesday when I get home. I will call if I have any questions on the install. I will also post results of the PQ motor with your cables!!
Old 05-30-2011, 08:37 AM   #4
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

if your only leaving the cart for a week or two theres no real need to leave charger plugged in..................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 08:57 AM   #5
drick67
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowman View Post
if your only leaving the cart for a week or two theres no real need to leave charger plugged in..................................
Thanks Shadow,

So make sure it is fully charged and unplug, then put the charger back on and let it fully charge before I ride?
Old 05-30-2011, 09:08 AM   #6
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

if everything is ok with charging system and batteries are good if you charge it and come back a week later you can hop on and ride even two weeks........won,t hurt to charge it but you should still have a full pack......i have let them sit for months and just jumped on and rode.........all carts this can,t be done but just a week or so shouldn,t be any issues.....................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 09:19 AM   #7
drick67
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Awesome, that makes it much easier, batteries are 2010's and load tested perfect, so I should be good, cant wait to get home and add my goodies!! Thanks for all the help guys!!

Last edited by drick67; 05-30-2011 at 09:20 AM.. Reason: fat fingers
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car