lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-05-2011, 05:27 AM   #1
motormouth27
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 2007 gas cart not running

I have a 2007 ez go cart with about 215 hours on it and it has stoped running. I looked at the fuel filter it doesnt have fuel in it like I seen before. So I went ahead and change it and it is still not picking fuel up in filter. It has bout 1/2 tank of gas. The motor is turning over it is just not firing. Could the fuel pump be bad? What do you ll think could be the issue?
motormouth27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-05-2011, 09:14 AM   #2
stretchman
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2007 gas cart not running

pull the line off fuel pump thats goes to the carb, step on accel pedal and see if it starts pumping. If it's pumping fuel then you may have to pull carb and clean. If it isnt pumping, the line at the bottom of fuel pump should go to engine block for vacuum pulses, check to see if you can feel the pulses, coming out of the hose(I have seen them get plugged by a condensation). Some times u you could just loose the prime in the pump (like running out of gas) I've pressurized the gas tank before to force the fuel into the pump, (Just a little pressure!!!)
stretchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 04:51 PM   #3
worqhors
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Possibilities: 1) No gas inside pump. This happens on new pumps and newly cleaned (inside) ones. "Help" the pump, by blowing air into gas tank.
2) Not enough compression to activate the pump diaphragm. Check engine compression. 3) Leak in or plugged line coming from the engine and attached to the fuel pump. Check if pulsating, as suggested above. 4) And of course, dirty carburator 4)Finally, leak in carb connection to manifold. Check gaskets and tightness of the 2 bolts connecting the carb to the engine manifold.
worqhors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 07:39 AM   #4
rherzner
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

nice horse stretchman if it has that long of a body id hate to see its hunting gear if u no what i saying
rherzner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 05:31 PM   #5
motormouth27
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

It looks like the straw has broke off for the pick up cause if i put line down where the cap goes it runs fine so it looks there there is no straw for the pick up do they sell that part for a replacement or what? What should i do?
motormouth27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO