lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-12-2012, 07:12 PM   #11
Doc's BoneCracker
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Newbee with 79 Marathon gas 3 wheel needs help!!

Dave your the MAN! I knew you could walk him thru this.
Doc's BoneCracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-12-2012, 08:03 PM   #12
hunterbill
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks guys will let you know what I find out. BILL
hunterbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 10:37 AM   #13
hunterbill
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

OK, I put ohm meter on and spun by hand and no matter what setting on meter the numbers jumped around. not high but jumped. I hooked battery back up and tried to get the engine to turn over with help by my hand and it continued to turn over on its own afterward. I could stop it just by touching the pulley then I could get it going again but only if I gave it help to get started. Haven't put plug back in and tried it because I figured that would be to hard turning and it wouldn't be able to do it. BILL
Old 04-13-2012, 12:10 PM   #14
Dave Box
Respect the Cart

E-Z-GO

Bill, At this stage I think that I would tear it down with a view to replacing the starter (and while you are in there the generator) brushes. This is not a high cost item but will be labor intensive. If you can get it spinning then you can determine the compression and decide if you want to continue with the project. In addition whilst you are there you may care to look / change the points. Also this would be a great time to change both crankshaft oil seals, again not a high cost item.

Another solution might be to sniff around the big block section and see if anyone is swapping out a 80 - 88 2PG. If you went that way then you would just need the HEI mod and a new regulator and you would be future proof.

Dave
Dave Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 12:56 PM   #15
hunterbill
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks Dave, appreciate all the help. Quite busy right now, don't know when I will be able to get to it but will dive in soon as I can. Thanks to all that replied. Wife already wants me to junk it but I don't want to. Wish it didn't have these issues. The guy I bought it from didn't give me any idea about this stuff. BILL
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO