lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-03-2012, 03:15 PM   #1
clint82
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default E-Z-Go Dump Cart ID? & Cart leans/pulls left.

Hi everyone,

I bought a 3 wheeled E-Z-Go dump cart. It is my profile picture. I also uploaded some pictures to my profile album. The codes on the body tag are as follows:

E-Z-GO TEXTRON
Polaris E-Z-Go Division of Textron Inc.
AUGUSTA GEORGIA
SERIAL NO.
0805148 0800660
This is the only tag I could locate on the body.

The year and model is unknown to me. I would like to know the year, make and model so I can order some parts and get this thing looking nice again.

It has a gas 2 cylinder Onan engine. Does anyone know what horse power the engine rated at?
The engine codes are as follows:
B48M-GA01813450A & J793485630

Manual 3 forward speed/reverse transmission with Hi and low range.

It appears to have a pto or other unknown attachment on the back side of the transmission. See picture for better idea. It's the one with the tape or something wrapped around the shaft. This is how I got it. What is this and what does it do?

This thing ran like junk when purchased. It sat outside and had about 50/50 water and gas in the tank. I cleaned the carburetor, changed the oil & fuel filter, replaced the spark plugs and now it runs like a top!

The only complaint I have is that it leans to the left. The driver/left side sits lower than the right. Any ideas? It leans a bit and I could live with this, but while driving it wants to pull pretty bad to the left. Any ideas? With haveing one wheel in front, i don't know what to look for.

It had a manual dump bed, now has an electric hoist installed...sure beats a shovel!

I need a few gauges. Fuel level, Amp gauge and hour meter first off. I need a headlight and how to get it out. The rubber is too tight to pull off and I can't get to the three nuts. How do I replace the headlight?

I know this is a lot to ask of complete strangers, but I find there are still some pretty good folks out there.

Thanks everyone.

Clint.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20120413_173935.jpg (113.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20120413_173953.jpg (106.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20120413_173804.jpg (84.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20120413_173811.jpg (92.1 KB, 0 views)
clint82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-26-2012, 05:47 PM   #2
clint82
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: E-Z-Go Dump Cart ID? & Cart leans/pulls left.

Hi again,

I see quite a few folks have viewed my post. I hope everyone likes the pictures. Does anyone have a clue what model this thing is so I can get some parts ordered? I have called EZ-Go and they said the numbers don't match any listing they have on records. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Clint
Old 05-26-2012, 06:28 PM   #3
joejax
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Hey Clint, good luck, that thing looks bad ***.I would assume leaning to the left would mean something is worn out from haulin' around a big fat tub of lard for so long (no offense).

My first drastic plan of action (other than getting it running) would be to figure out how to get that thing on four wheels, big time, major modification required.

I would be looking for a donor cart, hone up on your welding skills and dive in, some big time potential there...
joejax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 06:58 PM   #4
clint82
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by joejax View Post
Hey Clint, good luck, that thing looks bad ***.I would assume leaning to the left would mean something is worn out from haulin' around a big fat tub of lard for so long (no offense).

My first drastic plan of action (other than getting it running) would be to figure out how to get that thing on four wheels, big time, major modification required.

I would be looking for a donor cart, hone up on your welding skills and dive in, some big time potential there...

Joejax,

As I said in the original post, It runs just fine now. It just leans a little and there is no way I'm going to modify it to four wheels. I am just looking for information of a possible year, make and model of the cart.

Thanks,

Clint
Old 05-26-2012, 07:21 PM   #5
joejax
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Well, for some reason, they stopped making 3 wheel carts and 3 wheel ATVs, so...I don't know, just a thought.

You could have some kind of Frankenstein there, part EZGO, part Cushman, put together by an independent company, who knows.

I guess you will be OK leaving it original, I'm not familiar with the 3 wheelers, suspension issues would be my guess.

Good luck!
joejax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 07:25 PM   #6
Heliarc
Warthog cart

E-Z-GO

Could be your wheel bearings are shot on one side of the front wheel, could be a brake dragging, maybe a low tire on the left?Lots of maybes.I'd get it up on blocks and check out that undercarriage.If you would though, straighten the front wheel and get a nice straight on look at the front end.I can't tell if it's leaning or if it's just the way the front end is turned.
Heliarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 12:57 AM   #7
JcXtreme72
Gone Wild
Yamaha

In the pics you posted you can tell that front wheel is jacked to the side pretty bad. It isn't exactly in the center any more it's more on the passenger side. I'd pull off the front cowl and check the frame and front forks for damage. That thing is really cool btw good luck with it and keep us posted.
JcXtreme72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 09:45 AM   #8
popatop
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Hi Clint, their is some info here on 3 wheelers that might help, good luck you have a neat project their. Does the motor have onan performer on it?
http://www.bennettgolfcars.ca/ezgo_manuals.php

Last edited by popatop; 05-27-2012 at 10:21 AM.. Reason: question
popatop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 02:07 AM   #9
clint82
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks Popatop! The website helped. I believe I have a 1988 (or so) EZ-Go GTX 1500 "Gasoline Powered Heavy Duty Truck." I'm pretty sure the model is correct, still unsure of the year.

Thanks again!
Old 05-31-2012, 06:20 PM   #10
worqhors
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I would replace the front with another 2 wheels. An old EZGO would be a good option. Then you have a 4 wheel cart.
worqhors is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO