lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-08-2012, 06:26 PM   #1
Dewey
Not Yet Wild

Default Cart Runs But Dies Quickly

I have a club car with fairly new batteries. It worked great until last week. Here is what happens. I put it in forward and will take off and go about a hundred yards and then become sluggish with no hill climbing power. It also will not not go in reverse. There is a coil on a solenoid that becomes very hot when this happens. I need to mention that I have checked my wires an none are loose and have tested my batteries and they are good. If I wait a while I can do the same all over again with out charging it. This cart is my wife' baby so I need to get it going. PLEASE HELP A BROTHER OUT. Thanks.
Dewey is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-09-2012, 09:17 AM   #2
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Default Re: Cart Runs But Dies Quickly

what year? 48 volt? you say a coil on solenoid? so it should be between a 1995 and 97 reagan cart......that coil should not get cherry red like that while driving so it could be your reagan solenoid acting up which would cause power loss but question is why?? it could be just a bad solenoid or in the activation circuit, maybe start by changing that solenoid see if it cures problem....................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 12:55 PM   #3
Dewey
Not Yet Wild

It is a 1998. VIN AG98.
There is a solenoid under the back hatch on the left side of the cart that has a heating coil looking contraption on it that becomes very hot when the cart is under a load.
Old 09-09-2012, 12:56 PM   #4
Dewey
Not Yet Wild

Oh,it is a 48V
Old 09-09-2012, 06:46 PM   #5
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewey View Post
It is a 1998. VIN AG98.
There is a solenoid under the back hatch on the left side of the cart that has a heating coil looking contraption on it that becomes very hot when the cart is under a load.
ok its a 98 reagan if reagan is working right coil shouldn,t get hot so i,m guessing theres something going on with the reagan system....it could be just that solenoid went bad but thats just a guess also....................................
Old 09-09-2012, 08:45 PM   #6
Dewey
Not Yet Wild

What is a Reagan system?
Old 09-10-2012, 07:03 AM   #7
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

its the reagan braking, once you get to the limit its set at it acts kinda like a jake brake so you don,t speed out of control say gooing downhill, would be sorta like driving with the brake on..........................................
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car