lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-18-2012, 11:33 PM   #11
lmswest
Gone Wild

Default Re: Alltrax or GE Controller

Wait till the weekend and ill see where I have my settings, cause mine is smooth as silk
lmswest is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-18-2012, 11:44 PM   #12
Speedchaser
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmswest View Post
Wait till the weekend and ill see where I have my settings, cause mine is smooth as silk
Ok will do.
Speedchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 08:45 PM   #13
Speedchaser
Gone Wild

I emailed to let Alltrax know their map did not fix the jerky low throttle problem and have heard nothing, honestly I do not think they know what to do about it
Old 09-20-2012, 09:02 PM   #14
ClubCarDude
Gone Wild

Club Car

subscribed...
ClubCarDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 09:08 PM   #15
lmswest
Gone Wild

Ok so I'm wondering if the difference is between the dcx and the axe boxs ? I'm not well versed enough to know the difference but mine is the axe 4865..
Old 09-20-2012, 09:16 PM   #16
Speedchaser
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmswest View Post
Ok so I'm wondering if the difference is between the dcx and the axe boxs ? I'm not well versed enough to know the difference but mine is the axe 4865..
I have the AXE 4865 in my 2000 DS cart and while I cannot tell you about the full throttle (because i have not checked) I can tell you is is jerky at low throttle.

I did see on another thread that Tahoedawg mentioned something about resistors and the fact that Alltrax knew nothing about them.

I just think that Alltrax needs to step up and let us know why this is a problem and can it be fixed. They should not sell controllers that do not operate within stock perameters unless they disclose it up front.

I am not trying to bash Alltrax, as their controllers are very functional, just lacking in the areas discussed
Old 09-20-2012, 09:19 PM   #17
Speedchaser
Gone Wild

Also, while I am very open to purchasing a GE controller, as I have great trust in that company, I am hesitant because I have not heard from one person that has used one
Old 09-20-2012, 09:24 PM   #18
lmswest
Gone Wild

Now you realy have my interest peaked. Ill be sure to check where I have my settings on sat when I get home..
Old 09-20-2012, 09:41 PM   #19
Speedchaser
Gone Wild

I have to correct to keep an accurate thread but I just checked my old Alltrax controller that recently fried (been in service for 8 years though) that it is an AXE4845 which is a 400 amp controller.
Old 09-20-2012, 10:48 PM   #20
Speedchaser
Gone Wild

It may not be a total altrax issue. I remember putting the exact ge motor in a friends ds cart with the stock controller and I believe it was jerky too. This has to be related to the motor also. I am thinking these high performance motors just do not come alive until they get enough juice and then bam they hit hard.

So i am beginning to think it is a combination of controller and motor. It would still be interesting to see if the gE controller does a better job of managing the power distribution on these high performance motors or if the Alltrax can be further enhanced with a new throttel map.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car