lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-14-2012, 11:37 AM   #21
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Default Re: Speed Magnet

Torque upgrades will work fine, but you'll never get any more speed than the controller will allow based on RPM because you can't change the magnet with any positive results.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-15-2012, 12:02 PM   #22
lowrider
Getting Wild

Club Car

Does that mean a PQ Bandit upgrade will not work form my PH series cart?
lowrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 08:05 PM   #23
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowrider View Post
Does that mean a PQ Bandit upgrade will not work form my PH series cart?
If you leave the factory magnet on it sure. It'll give you a torque increase. But as for speed, no. It will remain completely unchanged.
Old 10-16-2012, 08:20 AM   #24
lowrider
Getting Wild

Club Car

David, I thank you for the help, but I am still confussed. I didnt think you can get any help from a magnet change with a 2009 PH precedent? My goal is 22MPH or so with a little torgue increase(I have a couple of hills that I normally navigate). I am looking to do this in the most inexpensive way possible. Thanks again.
Old 10-16-2012, 10:12 AM   #25
lowrider
Getting Wild

Club Car

David Update: I called Club Car and gave them my serial number. The unhelpful lady told me my cart is an Excel-IQ cart. Wow, I was then totally confused. Then I emailed Buggies Unlimited and Andy replied that I had an IQ cart based on my serial number. With that being said, I can give the magnet a try. Based on your replies earlier, I should see 19MPH or so with the Regan almost nonexsistant. If I want more torque, then a motor upgrade or controller/wires are then needed. Am I correct on this? Sorry to be a pain, but want to get it right as not to burn something up.
Old 10-16-2012, 09:46 PM   #26
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
David Update: I called Club Car and gave them my serial number. The unhelpful lady told me my cart is an Excel-IQ cart. Wow, I was then totally confused. Then I emailed Buggies Unlimited and Andy replied that I had an IQ cart based on my serial number. With that being said, I can give the magnet a try. Based on your replies earlier, I should see 19MPH or so with the Regan almost nonexsistant. If I want more torque, then a motor upgrade or controller/wires are then needed. Am I correct on this? Sorry to be a pain, but want to get it right as not to burn something up.
Don't listen to that unhelpful moron at Club Car. You said before that your serial number was PH. It's an Excel. It will not benefit from a magnet. The scenario you describe above is true, if your car was an IQ. It's not. Like I mentioned above, your torque performance will change, but your speed won't if you install a PQ bandit. The Excel system doesn't understand the pulses from a modified magnet. It will jump, kick, buck, and surge. If you're looking for 22 MPH why not just go with a high speed code from Club Car? It equals 19.6 mph with factory sized tires. I see in your picture that your cart is lifted. You'd be around 22-23 MPH with the speed code. That's what I'd do. As for the regen you'd like to eliminate it. Sorry, but there's no way to turn off the speed limiting regen. The Pedal-up regen, sure. But it will still limit your max speed no matter what you do.
Old 10-17-2012, 08:17 AM   #27
lowrider
Getting Wild

Club Car

OK, I am clear. An upgraded motor will not do anything but give more torque. A speed code 4 will give me the speed I am looking for. I guess for a $100.00 bucks that is an inexpensive solution. Speed code 4 is only for speed, how about any additional torgue with speed code 4, or is there something else I can do in addition with the speed code 4 to obtain a little torque increase? I am trying to acheive a little of both worlds. Thanks
Old 10-17-2012, 12:41 PM   #28
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
OK, I am clear. An upgraded motor will not do anything but give more torque. A speed code 4 will give me the speed I am looking for. I guess for a $100.00 bucks that is an inexpensive solution. Speed code 4 is only for speed, how about any additional torgue with speed code 4, or is there something else I can do in addition with the speed code 4 to obtain a little torque increase? I am trying to acheive a little of both worlds. Thanks
Your Excel solution for 22MPH and a torque increase is a PQ Bandit with a factory magnet and a high speed code.
Old 10-17-2012, 02:34 PM   #29
lowrider
Getting Wild

Club Car

You be da man. That totally clears it up for me. Probably will go with the Speed code 4 first and then see if I really need anything else. Thanks again
Old 10-30-2012, 09:21 AM   #30
jcvader99
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Just so all are clear (especially me): What is the likely top speed of a standard IQ (PQ serial) Precedent cart with factory tires, and no limit on speed (magnet installed)?

The power of the motor versus the weight/wind/terrain seems to be limited to around 19-20mph on my cart. Should I be able to see 22-23 on a regular basis? I see it on downslopes, but not on flats.
jcvader99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car