lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-20-2012, 06:46 AM   #1
ccgator
Not Yet Wild

Default 300 or 400

I recently had a ezgo and sold it about 6 months ago to finish up on side projects for my house. I got the itch for a another cart and just purchased a 1997 ds club car48 volt. I just ordered 8in lift, 12in rims & 25 swamp fox tires, with also a rear seat. I called back to order a non programable 400 amp alltrax controller.Well my purchases came in yesterday and i was going through the boxs and notice they sent me a 300 amp alltrax programable instead. So my question is before i give them a call monday because there closed over the weekend would the 300 programable serve its purpose instead of the non programable 400. I live in a golf cart community basically the lift & big tires are just for looks.But on the same term i like to have that extra power going up incline streets. Any info would be thankful. Thx
ccgator is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-20-2012, 07:59 AM   #2
Speedchaser
Gone Wild

Default Re: 300 or 400

I would get a AXE 400 if I were you. And i would also do a motor upgrade. In fact depending on what motor you might even go to a 500 amp controller.

Why were you getting the non programable anyway?
Speedchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 09:22 AM   #3
ccgator
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedchaser View Post
I would get a AXE 400 if I were you. And i would also do a motor upgrade. In fact depending on what motor you might even go to a 500 amp controller.

Why were you getting the non programable anyway?
$ trying to save. but yes down the road i will be doing a upgrade from plum quick motors.thx for the reply
ccgator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 02:46 PM   #4
lmswest
Gone Wild

Get the biggest one you can afford. Youll regret it if not. Its addicting, once you feel torque you want more..
lmswest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 02:45 PM   #5
Golfdog
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccgator View Post
$ trying to save. but yes down the road i will be doing a upgrade from plum quick motors.thx for the reply
Check out Alltrax website, they say that the NPX controller is only for non modified golf carts using standard motors. You need to go the AXE route and your 300 is only marginally stronger than the factory fitted one.
Golfdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car