lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-23-2012, 04:53 PM   #1
big nd fan
Not Yet Wild

Default Need Explanation on DS Reverse Circuit

Sorry to post again but I am trying to get this christmas gift for my kids fixed.

My 1988 DS reverse does not work correct.

When I put it in reverse, there is a large spark in the F/R switch and the wheels spin fast without pressing the gas pedal.

The white wire goes from the F/R switch to the back side of the solenoid which also is connected to the resistor.

For some reason, the reverse is not going through the gas pedal. I have the power for the reverse hooked up to the 3rd battery for 1/2 power reverse.

I have it hooked up the same way as the diagrams I found in the sticky's.

----------------

If I am correct, the F/W switch should change to polarity of the voltage and + should be for forward and - for reverse. If this is so, both should go through the speed switches which it is not. Please PM me if you have specific questions and don't want to post online.

Thanks
Big ND Fan
big nd fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-23-2012, 06:10 PM   #2
briparts
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Need Explanation on DS Reverse Circuit

does forward work correctly?
briparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 09:20 PM   #3
big nd fan
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Need Explanation on DS Reverse Circuit

Yes it does.

I was trying to figure out why the gas pedal does not work in reverse. Then I thought that maybe it is wired to work without pressing the gas pedal. I see no way with the wires and switch I have to have it controlled by the gas pedal.

Maybe in 1988 you put it in reverse and the car took off.

My cart does not have a serial number from the factory. It has a refurbished tag from the factory. I called the factory and all she could tell me it was a 1988.
Looking at the cart, it does not look that old but maybe it is.

Big ND Fan
big nd fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car