lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-10-2013, 04:08 PM   #1
ballowes5
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default 97CC Lift kit and Motor

We have a 97cc stock motor 1 year old batteries that i maintain monthly & rear seat. I replaiced the speed senser last summer as it went bad. The senser is reading the correct OHM readings We are a family of 5. 2 adults and 3 children. At present we totall around 550 lbs. Our drive way is a long drive with part of it at a 50 degree incline. We do alot of camping throughout the year and some of the campgrounds have around the same dergree hills. The speed is standard speed with the exception of when we are all on going up a hill it will slow down considerably. We are getting ready to do upgrades and will be doing it in sections as money is tight. LOL. My questions are. What is the best tire size to help with speed? I know a bigger tire might add a mile or 2 faster. we are going to buy a 6 inch lift kit package that has either 22x8x10 or 22x10x10 tires. My next question is. With a lift kit do we need to look at a motor or controler upgrade? STOCK SPEED IS PERFECT. JUST WANT A LITTLE MORE POWER GOING UP HILL.Please dont ask to contact Scottyb. I have left messages with him but yet got an answer. HE MIGHT BE BUSY. If We can get away without a motor or controller upgrade it would be good but if we need to we will. LAST QUESTION. IF we need to do a motor or controler upgrade which would be better to do first? The lift kit or speed upgrade.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF3552.jpg (184.7 KB, 0 views)
ballowes5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-10-2013, 04:43 PM   #2
ballowes5
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 97CC Lift kit and Motor

I am sorry i replaiced the pot box last year. it was cracked and I wasnt getting the speed. Also it is a series and A ds.
Old 02-10-2013, 04:57 PM   #3
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Bigger tires alone will hurt your torque climbing hills.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 05:21 PM   #4
Speedchaser
Gone Wild

Do the lift and tires and see how you like it. If you don't like it I would try a controller, like 500 amp minimum, and maybe you will get a little more torque out of the stock motor, maybe enough to run the bigger tires. If not you can go with any motor you like cuz you already have the upgraded controller.

You could possibly find a motor that will give more speed and torque also and still use the stock controller. We did this on a 2000 DS and it went 25 MPH, however climbing ability suffered due to loss of torque, which a new controller would have fixed.

I say controller first because it gives you a lot more motor options down the road. Problem with motor first is that you may end up wanting more than it is capable of and then you would be stuck having to get a new motor and controller anyway.

Oh, and I would get the 10 inch wide tires, 8's will look skinny.
Speedchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 05:30 PM   #5
ballowes5
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thank you. I am looking at scottyb site and he has alot of controller upgrades for good prices. I just didnt know which way to go. I am getting the jakes 6 inch A arm package. I wasnt sure if the 8 or 10 made a big difference. Not much difference in price. I will try the kit first and see what that does. Thanks again. That helps alot. I was looking at the plumquick motors as well.
Old 02-10-2013, 07:01 PM   #6
Schunter
Gone Wild

Club Car

Plum Quick makes a bandit motor that works good for what you are talking about doing.
Schunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 08:13 PM   #7
Speedchaser
Gone Wild

Bandit is sepex and poster most likely has a series cart
Speedchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 08:34 PM   #8
Schunter
Gone Wild

Club Car

I believe they make one for a series cart to.
Schunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 09:22 PM   #9
ArmyVetSgtAdkins
Philippians 4:13

Club Car

I would do the lift and wheels and tires then minimum of 500 amp controller then if your not happy upgrade the motor and also HD solenoid..Also might want to upgrade your cables if you haven't already.
ArmyVetSgtAdkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 07:41 AM   #10
ballowes5
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thank yall very much that has helped me greatly. One Question. On the cable upgrade do you mean the battery cables or the main wireing harness for the whole golf cart?

Tags
lift kit, motor, speed
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car