lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-11-2013, 07:09 PM   #1
bradsclubcar76
Not Yet Wild

Default clubcar clicks but doesnt move

Hi, Im new to the forum and have a 1986 clubcar ds. I noticed the key was left on for a long period of time. when i depressed the gas pedal, cart just clicks but doesn t move. Charged batteries, which are brand new and still nothing. lights shine bright and reverse buzzer works also. with key left on, would microswitch be burnt up or master solenoid gone bad?? thanks for any advice!
bradsclubcar76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-12-2013, 08:32 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: clubcar clicks but doesnt move

It shouldn't but stranger things have happened.
What is the battery pack voltage?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 12:35 PM   #3
bradsclubcar76
Not Yet Wild

thanks for the reply, it turned out to be the master solenoid. Thanks again this site is extremely helpful!
bradsclubcar76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 12:59 PM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Leaving the key on may have left the solenoid engaged... check to see if the solenoid clicks when you turn the key on. If yes, it is not wired correctly or has a stuck micro switch. Otherwise it was just coincidental timing....
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 01:54 PM   #5
DonBenigno
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

usually leaving a key on will disengage the solenoid. Most of these controllers go through a fault check on request for throttle. i.e. making sure your pedal is not engage when you first power it on (HPD), etc. I would check the solenoid to make sure it is properly making contact and measure the voltage off the back side.

Do you have any other interlocks on your vehicle, i.e. seat switch ? Also I would measure the throttle voltage to see if you are getting voltage back to the controller.

Do you have a programmer for the controller ? Might be a good way to see if the controller is sending a fault code disabling the output
DonBenigno is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
86 clubcar ds
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car