lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-20-2013, 12:58 PM   #1
Chuckt
Not Yet Wild

Default Unsure of Year Make/Model

Hey folks! Got a project cart going on. Need some help with the year model so I can order parts. I have looked under the glove box/under the dash. Can not find the stamp with the year/Model. Was needing to order brake cables/brake shoes, and also need the threaded rod that goes thru the spring that pulls the cables as the brake is applied. This is located in the undercarriage parallel with the ground. All info is greatly appreciated!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0703.jpg (202.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0704.jpg (198.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0705.jpg (213.4 KB, 0 views)
Chuckt is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-20-2013, 02:18 PM   #2
rib33024

Default Re: Unsure of Year Make/Model

Welcome to BGW

look here and it will help you find the year,, look like a 92 - 93 or some where around there, under 94,

http://www.eastcoastcarts.com/tools/...s-my-golf-cart
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 06:08 PM   #3
Chuckt
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the quick response. Great website referral. It is definitely a Marathon. I am just unable to find anything anywhere with the year. Will the year range work when I order parts, or will I need specific year?
Old 09-20-2013, 07:05 PM   #4
rib33024

yeah just about anything for that year will work, what you looking for, that cart does have a controller in the middle of those batteries right?? did you look under the glove box on the passenger side of the cart for the mfcode it should be there, some where around 91 i think they changed to a controller, don't remember but some one will stop by and refresh my memory, EDIT i zoomed in on the oic and yes it does have a controller so it one of those years
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 02:27 PM   #5
Chuckt
Not Yet Wild

I would first like to thank all replies to my posts. These have really helped me in my rebuild process. I have installed all my new parts (brake shoe/brake cables/compensator apparatus). Also to add checked all wiring/ fixed a few crossed cables. At this point jumped out the motor to see if it spun (it did). Everything spun free and no grinding. Put wheels on/roll cart grinds hard forward and back. Put cart in gear same thing loud grinding sound. Pretty sure this sound would be in the transfer case. Looking for wiser advise. Maybe even costs to fix (parts). Thanks in advance!
Old 09-26-2013, 03:30 PM   #6
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

does the grinding sound like its in the center of the differential? or could it be that the newly installed brake shoes are dragging? since its a rebuild, did you drain the oil out of the differential, clean the pan and put new in it?

oh btw......CONGRATS on the ride, and Welcome to our happy little corner of the net, and to BGW. There is a BIG fridge on the back porch with anything you can think of in it...help yourself...of course only take what you can LEGALLY have. Make yourself at home on one of the big fluffy couches, kick your shoes off, put your feet up on one of the tables, yes we are allowed to do that, mom's, wive's, husbands, girlfirends and boyfriends here don't care....and take it easy.

oh...btw....every once in a while a food fight breaks out...so you may not want to wear nice clothes here.

Welcome!!
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 04:55 PM   #7
Chuckt
Not Yet Wild

Forgot to add that the cart does not not go when accelerator applied. Loud grinding no forward or reverse motion
Old 09-26-2013, 06:30 PM   #8
Knothead
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

You've either got stripped splines at the hub(s), stripped splines on the motor, or problems in the differential. Check the hubs first (easiest!) by removing the wheel & checking the nut that holds the hub on for tightness. If both sides are tight, hold the brake while pushing the accelerator. Have someone watch to see if axle is spinning inside the hub (on both sides). If it's not spinning in hub, then that leaves the splines on motor, or something is broke in the diff.......
Knothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 02:56 PM   #9
Chuckt
Not Yet Wild

Checked the hubs, they work great. Dropped the case pan, all the teeth look fine on all the gears that i can see. Without a doubt had metal shavings in the oil. looking to be the splines on the motor. What is the easiest way to get that motor out? IS THIS EVEN WORTH FIXING?????
Old 09-27-2013, 03:33 PM   #10
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Well if it is/was the motor spline.....for starters it is OUTSIDE the gear case, so the metal in the gear case if not from the motor spline.
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO