lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-04-2013, 09:40 PM   #1
ezgoin92
Not Yet Wild

Default 92 EZGO...suggested upgrades/plans???

Howdy all,

I have a 92 36V EZGO with no major modifications. I have painted it (before the front end got dented up by a car) and added a seat to the back a buddy welded up. I am looking for suggestions on what upgrades/suggestions you all would give on upgrading as I am debating how far down the modification rabbit hole I really want to go. I know it is kind of a personal choice but among the list of things I was looking into was def. adding HD springs to handle the added weight in the back better. Things I am considering are upgrading to disc breaks to help stop the added weight, lifting 4-5", adding some rims and tires. Of course the big question is the motor and controller I believe are stock and what should I consider putting in it for some more go. The motors sticker from what I can tell shows it is a GE 36V D-C motor 2800rpm 50amp, FR58, insul B, wound series amb40 degree some word I can't make out followed by 60 min. I have some "hills" around me nothing too major but enough to certainly slow her down as soon as I hit an incline or hill. With this question can I add a larger amperage controller and keep the stock motor...if so how big can I go? I don't need to go 20+ (close to it is ok with me ) but wouldn't mid getting over 12 mpg on the flats. Also we have several sponsors who sound good to work with but which parts from which sponsor(s). Thanks
ezgoin92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-04-2013, 10:46 PM   #2
Thatsme?
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 92 EZGO...suggested upgrades/plans???

ScottyB is my suggestion
http://www.cartsunlimited.net/
Thatsme? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 10:47 PM   #3
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Yep talk to Scotty and also

jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 08:41 AM   #4
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

well first off, you kind of need to have a plan as to what you want your cart to be able to handle/do. You made mention of the "Rabbit Hole" well.....Myself and many other will tell you, its not a matter of how far you want to go down it, for once you cross the edge, you will fall all the way to the bottom! LOL its just a fact of life, as the "Mod Bug" will clamp on, and usually doesn't let go......ever.

The best thing to do is to start reading all the threads you can find on the subjects and how all the pieces of the pie fit together, that way you won't end up buying parts/pieces that you find out won't do the job once you get something new.

You already mentioned you are or have added a rear seat, and you know you need or want springs for the added weight. Obviously this means you are going to increase the load that your cart will carry......you will need more power to the motor.

You also mentioned a lift, and bigger wheels/tires.....the larger wheels/tires will pit more stress in the power delivery system (batteries, cables, and electronics).....so you will need more power to the motor.....

the fact that you don't want/need a speed demon cart, tells me you most likely can easily do with the stock motor.

SO, with all that said.....and you already should know that the stock controller won't get it for long.....you need to talk to ScottyB at CartsUnlimited.net, tell him exactly what you have, and what you intend to do to your cart, and he can steer you in the right direction as to your power delivery system needs to build a cart that will last.
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 09:36 AM   #5
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

ScottyB's website, above, has a good page to explain and demystify some of the options, and what they will do.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO