lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-06-2013, 10:47 PM   #1
GregInAtl
Not Yet Wild

Default Leaky and dead

I have a 36v TXT that is dead. When we got in tonight there was fluid all over the garage floor, so I moved the cart out to clean up. It went out under its own power, now it won't even light up the stock volt meter. The pedal makes the click sound still under the seat, but it is dead.
The is little moisture bubbles all under the cart...battery failure maybe? It hasn't been charged in a week or so, it's just been sitting so it should be 90% power I'd guess. Anything I should look for when I whip out the volt meter in the morning?
GregInAtl is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-06-2013, 11:05 PM   #2
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Default Re: Leaky and dead

First I would look inside each battery and see if the electrolyte levels are correct.
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 11:32 PM   #3
GregInAtl
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by gornoman View Post
First I would look inside each battery and see if the electrolyte levels are correct.
They are...is that just distiller water? Batteries are a year old btw
Old 12-06-2013, 11:45 PM   #4
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregInAtl View Post
They are...is that just distiller water? Batteries are a year old btw
if you have to add, them its distilled water.....but there is acid in the batteries.

Now.....your original post said that there was water ALL OVER THE FLOOR.....and if all your batteries had/have the proper level in them, where did the water come from that was all over the floor????
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 10:23 AM   #5
GregInAtl
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Nuke View Post
if you have to add, them its distilled water.....but there is acid in the batteries.

Now.....your original post said that there was water ALL OVER THE FLOOR.....and if all your batteries had/have the proper level in them, where did the water come from that was all over the floor????
I filled my 7th battery for audio, (fully separate from the other 6) but didn't spill any to speak of. This appears to be a battery gone bad and puked its guts out.
Old 12-07-2013, 10:38 AM   #6
simple man
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Sprinkle a little baking soda on the fluid on your floor. If it is overflow from a battery (acid), it will foam up. If it doesn't foam up it's just spilled water. Also in my climate, that can be cold at night and rapidly warm up during the day, the cold batteries can sweat just like a cold drink! This could possibly be your mystery fluid!
As far as your cart not running, check each individual battery's voltage. If they appear Ok (6.3v), do the same thing while trying to make the cart move. That will show up a bad battery. All it takes is one bad cell in one battery to cause the cart not to function!
simple man is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO