lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-13-2014, 03:37 PM   #1
Dog321
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Default newbee at 58

Hi guys/gals....jus bought first cat at 58 yrs old....94 G9 Yamaha....i lifted 6 in(jake's) new tires and rims...painted(zebra theme)...and now i'm in middle of a duromax motor swap...any sugestions on valve springs upgrades
Dog321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-13-2014, 03:45 PM   #2
big mule
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: newbee at 58

Welcome to BGW Dog!!! Follow this link to the clone engine swap section.........> http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/clone-engine-swaps/

I think you'll find what you're looking far and a whole lot more .
big mule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 04:14 PM   #3
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Call Geoff at Vegas Carts and Performance. Go to his website, he is a sponsor of this site. He's the only "clone" dealer that I am aware of that deals with golf carts specifically. He's really making a name for himself and branding his engines. You can squeeze quite a bit of power out of the Duromax. I think you can rev those to 5000-5500 rpm with the valvesprings and a better carb. Vegas Carts sells both.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 05:47 PM   #4
Dog321
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

THANKS guys !!!!!....got sum parts from Vegas pref already....nice sight.....thanks for responce
Old 09-13-2014, 05:58 PM   #5
Dog321
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

In one month i've learned so friggin much just nosin around in here....kinda like....Google for carts....again tanx
Old 09-13-2014, 08:04 PM   #6
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

I have vegas hd springs and 1.3 ratio rockers, though some clones this combo can eventually break the pushrods and/or the rocker studs I have read. My home depot lifan is still going. I did use the button type retainers on both valves, and the spring seats that go under the springs. Stock only used on one valve. You can find the stuff other places like NR Racing I got some things there vegas didn't have at the time, just be careful lot of their stuff is for smaller clones gokarts use more often than the 'big block' clones. I would like to upgrade it at some time, but I don't run high revs that much anyway just a spurt down the road here and there. Some of the upgrade rockers are very nice.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 08:13 PM   #7
1989Marathon
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by sho305 View Post
I have vegas hd springs and 1.3 ratio rockers, though some clones this combo can eventually break the pushrods and/or the rocker studs I have read. My home depot lifan is still going. I did use the button type retainers on both valves, and the spring seats that go under the springs. Stock only used on one valve. You can find the stuff other places like NR Racing I got some things there vegas didn't have at the time, just be careful lot of their stuff is for smaller clones gokarts use more often than the 'big block' clones. I would like to upgrade it at some time, but I don't run high revs that much anyway just a spurt down the road here and there. Some of the upgrade rockers are very nice.
Whoa... slo down there cowboy. He said he's a newbie. He may not be able to digest all that knowledge you are imparting on him...
1989Marathon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 08:13 PM   #8
Dog321
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

I have never even started the motor yet....i have also read that stock springs would be to weak.. i dont plan on screamin down the road wide open....jus lookun for input while the new clone is out
Old 09-13-2014, 08:34 PM   #9
Dog321
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Another question is...what kind of cable adaptors are peeps using to attatch the carb,choke?
Old 09-13-2014, 11:07 PM   #10
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1989Marathon View Post
Whoa... slo down there cowboy. He said he's a newbie. He may not be able to digest all that knowledge you are imparting on him...
Lol sorry, just saying it has worked for me. I would get the springs and a timing advance key, they are cheap put those in and remove the governor parts it should run good. Should be able to get the retainer and button they toss them away for built engines, it depends on what is on your clone some are different.

I made a plate with arms that swing to connect the throttle and choke and work like stock. There are pics in my build thread in clones section called second clone build or something like that.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha