lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-17-2014, 05:06 PM   #1
goldwinger
Gone Wild

Default who made the Motor Brand name

Who made the 301cc engine for the g16 cart..what brand name and where can I get parts for it because it smokes bad
goldwinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-17-2014, 05:17 PM   #2
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Default Re: who made the Motor Brand name

Yamaha makes their own motors. The oil ring tends to go first when they finally wear out, then they smoke but still run. Rings and hone minimum, or just bore it and go oversize piston and it will be like new. Try a yamaha cart dealer or tntgolf.com is one I've used, ebay often has parts too, some golf cart sites like cartpartsplus also has some parts.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 05:31 PM   #3
goldwinger
Gone Wild

thanks.but will I have to pull the entire engine to bore it and install a piston or just go with over size rings
Old 09-17-2014, 05:43 PM   #4
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Yes, its a 15 minute job to pull. Not worth trying to do it in the cart. For example, how would you like to try to torque the rod bolts from the side of the case, while in the cart. And keeping dirt out...
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 05:52 PM   #5
goldwinger
Gone Wild

cant I just pull the head and hone it a bit then go back with new rings.or does the head not separate from the block
Old 09-17-2014, 06:17 PM   #6
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

You need to get the primary clutch off the crank (special puller), then take off the side case to get the rod cap bolts out just to pull the piston/rod to change the rings and hone the entire bore. I would never consider doing that job without pulling the engine. cgtech maybe able to do it in 15 minutes, I'm old so not that fast, but close
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 06:25 PM   #7
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

Dave,you could do it in your sleep,your tools are probably trained by now!!!It is definitely a 15-30 min.job to pull those motors,I love how easy they are,Ive pulled them just to clean the carts good.And like Smallblock450sl said,pulling it apart is the only way to do it,poor repairs=poor quality,why do it twice?
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 06:48 PM   #8
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by pachanga90 View Post
Dave,you could do it in your sleep,your tools are probably trained by now!!!It is definitely a 15-30 min.job to pull those motors,I love how easy they are,Ive pulled them just to clean the carts good.And like Smallblock450sl said,pulling it apart is the only way to do it,poor repairs=poor quality,why do it twice?
Thanks buddy, I could probably do it my sleep, but Joyce wouldn't be happy with me
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 06:52 PM   #9
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

It would be too much work to do it in the cart. You have to take the side cover off the block to get at the internals, the cover behind the clutch. I had my G9 out in 15min or something. It was unhook the battery and 2 bolts on the carb, 4 on the muffler, pull the cables and hoses and wires and belts, 4 bolts on the engine and I grabbed it out of there. Did put a jack under the engine to hold it due to the way the G9 mounts are. The clutch is still on mine, I twisted the puller with a 3/4 impact it would not come off. Used the back of another clutch and put my guts on it to get the clone going.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 06:54 PM   #10
Dflowe
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Fortunately, Yamaha builds their own engines. I had a Yamaha mower (YT3600) with the same engine and it lasted me for 20 years. Then, I gave it away and the guy is still using it. The deck is shot, but the engine still runs great.
Dflowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha