lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-11-2010, 02:19 PM   #1
SHIFT664
Not Yet Wild

Default 98 club car no power

I have a 98 club car been sitting outside for about a month under my carport, tried charging and I got it to back up and start to go forward and stopped. this was after about 6 - 7 hrs charging, I pushed it back in the carport and hook the charger up and it was humming like it was charging, went outside just a lil bit ago and it wouldnt move, when I push on the gas pedal you can hear it clicking trying to do something but wont move under its own power.
Am I charging in the wrong setting as in tow or run, been charging in the tow position? Not sure if its correct but It ran just fine when I put it up for the winter and now my neighbor is buyingit and it wont go. Help Please
Thank you for all help and is appreciated,
Matt
http://i543.photobucket.com/albums/g...IMG_0122-1.jpg
battery compartment
do you all think maybe its just needing the post cleaned off?
Help please
SHIFT664 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 10:46 AM   #2
GLEEMO
just leave me alone

Club Car

Default Re: 98 club car no power

To BGW

Get a digital Volt meter and check the battery and pack Voltage and post here ?

And clean those battery cables . connectors up before charging again.

I assume this is a 48 Volt cart with a automatic charger, it can take up to 12-16 hours to charge a depleted pack. The good news is it's not totally depleted otherwise the charge would not
even come on.

Check the Focus on that camera
GLEEMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 11:54 AM   #3
SHIFT664
Not Yet Wild

thanks I will do that, my neighbor bought it, and it seemed to be the corrosion. As kinda what I was hoping since it worked when I put it up.
And the camera was a 29.00 digatel camera for dummies, It works for still pics ok but not for anythign moving, and there is no focus! :)
Thank you for the response and I will let the gentleman that bought it know about this forum. Cool thing yall have here, I am on www.4cycle.com , its a go kart racing forum just like this!
its amazing how much you all can do to these things.
thank you for your help, I got it running and where going to get it all cleaned up and paint it like his race car!
I dont ahve digatel one but I have a regular one and it wasnt all the way charged I dont think,
Do you have to wait 15-30 sec before you try to drive it after un hooking from charger?
And thanks for having me here
Matt
SHIFT664 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 02:06 PM   #4
GLEEMO
just leave me alone

Club Car

Well it is a mute point haw long you wait if it's not fully charged , if you dont have a
digital meter use what U have
read this http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...-readings.html

There is only a couple of volts between fully charged and dead
GLEEMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car