lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-01-2008, 11:16 AM   #1
mxdad412
Not Yet Wild

Default 83 ez go 2 stroke

Hello,
I have an 83 ez go gas (2 stroke),I just purchased it and dont know much about them,it starts and runs fine on a flat surface but on an incline it it slows to a snails pace and sometimes wont get up the incline.The guy I bought it from said he just put a new topend in it and I just replaced the brushes.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Todd
mxdad412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 06:45 AM   #2
ruredy
Born Wild

Default Re: 83 ez go 2 stroke

You may have a driven clutch problem (the one on the rear end) If it's working properly the belt should start riding back up the sheaves when you start putting a load on it like going up hill. If it doesn't the engine will start bogging down because of the load placed on it. It's like trying to ride a 10speed bike in 10th gear going up a hill.
It could also be something like a clogged up muffler, you can take the muffler loose and run the cart to see if it goes better
ruredy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 04:14 PM   #3
mxdad412
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 83 ez go 2 stroke

I appreciate the tips,Iwill give it a try.
Thanks
mxdad412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO