lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-07-2016, 08:43 PM   #21
Cartguy
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: My Speed code 5 results

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockman1 View Post
Scotty wasn't talking about you!
No worries....I didn't want to get into a argument for no reason! I enjoy this site and I'm learning a lot. This golf cart thing is quite addictive! Thanks a bunch fellas! I'll be broke before you know it lol :)
Cartguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-28-2016, 10:48 AM   #22
Cartguy
Not Yet Wild

Hey guys I wanted to give a little update. I didn't want you guys to think I was just a fly by night poster. Anyways, I had ion heart surgery so lost interest for a little while. For a bit I was wondering if my 26mph was a fluke because lately I hadn't been able to do it again. Then the wheel acted like it was about to fall off. Well I was wondering why I had to realign the front end a few times. Bushings fell apart. Extra drag of course. That still didn't quite do it. Helped. Then I found out the batteries weren't charging all the way. Think it was in part due to a loose battery cable end. My fault. Got all hose things fixed and now she cruises on flat road at 27mph and will keep bumping 28mph but the limiter keeps it there. Sweet! Money well spent I think.....if you want to go that fast.
Cartguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 02:02 PM   #23
Hecky50
Gone Wild
Club Car

I have a 2008 Precedent with Speed code 5 and a magnet. 205/50/10 tires stock motor and new T-875s. Run 26 on the flats , not to many hills here. I think money well spent. Next i may spring for a 350 amp Curtis or a 400 XCT Alltrax. I,m hooked!!!
Hecky50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 12:45 PM   #24
steveminer
Not Yet Wild

I have a Curtis motor controller and it is set to speed code 4 I really don't see any difference in the speed of my cart over the old Curtis controller set to speed code 3 I still only go about 25-27 mph on flat ground. My main question is will speed code 4 use up battery power faster then speed code 3 does my batteries don't seem to last as long as they did.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
steveminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 02:17 PM   #25
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

How do you get 25-27 out of speed code 4? Max speed for code four is 19.6. You must have a speed magnet installed. And no you won't use more power as you go faster, you will actually use less.
WalterM6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 02:51 PM   #26
Out2Sea
Gone Wild

Yes it’s always suspicious when a poster with 2 to 4 posts wants to know how to speed up their cart to a tune of 1,500 to 2,000 dollars. After they get the advice they need to buy you never ever hear from them again. Should almost be a forum rule for that case also, but how would you enforce it.

Cartguy you got a nice amount of posts on varied topics.i got no doubts you’re legit. Now those with a handful of posts and a fat wallet asking advice from strangers I would look out for. Wonder what game they are playing if they are playing.
Out2Sea is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car