lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-19-2012, 12:03 AM   #11
JcXtreme72
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: G1 Project, I'm addicted :o

That's a great looking cart for only $80!
JcXtreme72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-19-2012, 09:50 AM   #12
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

What clutch is on it? The original one is alum and sort of flat looking like a CC clutch. Many were replaced with a G2/9 clutch it has a large rounded gold-ish color cover on it and you can't see the big bolt. The original G1 clutch is the only one I know that has a spring in it, but very hard to find parts for. You can shim that spring or maybe find a new one to make it take off harder. They do tend to clunk on takeoff and jerk a little. How is your belt? Note a new belt will work best on the clutches, will also be sticky for a little bit until they wear in. Lubing the secondary that way is only way to do it, just clean the area in the spring once in a while if you get dirt buildup I use automotive brake cleaner spray. Often I use lithium grease spray to lube it because I can stick the tiny hose in there and not get grease all over, just make sure you shake that stuff before use so it sprays right. Then run it up to speed to move the grease around as the lithium spray is wet and dries into a thicker grease.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 09:52 AM   #13
Mrrogers24
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Its the clutch where you can't see the bolt, with the gold cap and both belts are new and broke in
Mrrogers24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 07:55 PM   #14
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

You can't do much with that clutch, other than clean and lube it and make sure the weights and pins are ok. I'm trying to make a kit to hop it up but no time yet, and have no idea if it will work. You might be better off buying one as that one might be worn out and you can ebay it for good coin if it still works. Remember it only has 9+HP so when you hit a hill they die out. I'd say take the head off and to a engine shop or atv/bike dealer and have them cut it down that will give you a little more power everywhere. Did you fix the starting issue? Make sure you set the carb to idle when it starts and then open when more pedal is given. It should start instantly and idle when warm, like the biggest chain saw ever but far, far quieter. Another issue is that G2/9 clutch will hit the frame if you lift it, you want a clutch that is smaller and you still might have to notch the frame. You can't get much more out of it unless you change the porting or find high speed gears, or lift it with larger tires that will gear it up for more speed. Of course that takes away power. You can get a bravo sled and use that engine for about 25hp if you can fit the pipe in there.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 06:51 AM   #15
daveswaves
Getting Wild

You can also use the head off a Bravo 250 or exciter 250 to replace the head on your 215. That will up the compression a bit. Direct fit, no adjustments needed.
daveswaves is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
air filter, airbox, project, yamaha gas
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha