lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Members Rides
Members Rides Golf Carts Only.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-15-2021, 04:22 PM   #1
Murphy Mobile
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Custom LiFePO4 145ah Pack, Alltrax, Admiral Project

Hello everyone! New to Buggiesgonewild and Golf carts but have been lurking for a few weeks now and figured I should share my build so far and see if the experts have some helpful tips for me. If I'm posting incorrectly or in the wrong section please let me know!

Recently got a dog and named her Murphy (why the name is murphy Mobile) and decided I should get a golf cart so we can ride to the local dog park. But I got the itch to make it my own so the project began

I picked up a 1997 48v Club Car Ds an old golf course cart for cheap and to my delight Murphy loved it to the point where my girlfriend and I call it her golf cart.

I started with the suspension, i went with the GTW 6 inch lift and replaced the tie rods ends and shock absorbers. Also replaced the steering rack and linkage to sharpen up the steering. Murphy loved the updated height

My plan is to add a rear seat so i went with the dual action set up (after reading others testimonials of comfort on here) and also replaced the rear shock absorber. I bought replacement drum and shoes but soon realized i had plenty of life left in my current parts so left that for another day.

Here's where my project took a bit of a custom route, my brother is an electrical engineer and complete nerd who talked me into building a custom LiFePO4 pack for my cart. So he contacted one of his battery sellers and found me new 150ah cells from china and placed an order for cheaper then what a new set of Trojans would cost me.

After 3 months of waiting we finally received the batteries and quickly balanced and cycle them a few times and found one cell tested low at 145ah so the pack is now a 145ah but that is plenty for Murphy and I.

We threw everything together in one day and added an on board charger, 12 volt lithium battery out of a BMW, and a 48v to 12v converter to charge it. Decided to go with an actual battery instead of a reducer for the performance and my brother had it laying around the shop and we thought it'd be cool.

<br />

<br />

The current setup is stock minus the pack and the cart is definitely faster but it might be the 200 pounds of batteries missing combine with the new age juice.

I already ordered an Alltrax 500 amp controller, HD F&R, HD solenoid and Admiral mot-a1 motor. So that'll be the next phase of the cart.

But for now Murphy and my gf are loving the convertible look
Murphy Mobile is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Members Rides