lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > For Sale > Golf Carts and Parts > Golf Cart Parts
Golf Cart Parts Links to other sites, not for parts request. *closed

Old 12-02-2007, 11:23 PM   #11
4vertical
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Sweet front brakes!!

here is a list that might help some. i got it from another site.

4 on 4
Austin-Healey Sprite
Crosley - all '39-'52
MG Midget
Jensen Healey
Opel Manta, Kadette
GM L-body
Buick Skyhawk '75-'81
Chevrolet Vega, Monza '71-'81
Pontiac Sunbird, Astre '76-'81
Oldsmobile Starfire '75-'81

maybe if someone has enough time on their hands they can go bug local autoparts store to see if any of those cars calipers will work out for us!

-Aaron
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-14-2007, 03:28 AM   #12
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Looking through my books tonight I only see three listed having a true 4 on 4 BP, 1 vented and 2 solid but mine only go back to 1987.
The problem is none of the three have a rotor diameter small enough to use even 10" rims without using spacers so there goes the cost up $200. right off the bat. I want something you don't have to use spacers with.

There are plenty with a pattern of 3.937 which is 3 15/16" or 100mm but still not close enough to fit without some cnc work.

I'm thinking since they will have to be redrilled for the 4" pattern and possibly the center hole anyway, start with finding the correct rotor height or back spacing and diameter to fit with a caliper in a 10" rim since most who go modded and/or big power usually go to 10" wheels anyway.

The back brakes would be a piece of cake because they are all so similar, It's the front that will be the biggest challange if trying to keep it simple and use the stock parts with a bolt on lift.

I'm going to post another two questions for everyone,
Do you really think you need 4 wheel disc on a cart or is it just for the cool factor?

Considering the weight and speed of modded carts, Would 4 wheel hydraulic drum brakes work just as good as discs? I shouldn't say "just as good" but rather an alternative to disc considering all of the disc conversion issues.

Looking for some serious thought on these questions because I had an idea while going through my brake books. Thanks guys

Old 12-14-2007, 07:24 AM   #13
NO NO NO E-Z-GO!
Gone Wild

I believe the now defunct E-Z-GO ST480 had four wheel hydraulic drums.

The Club Car Carryall 252 and up (some smaller ones do, but it's mostly the larger, lifted ones) have four wheel mechanical drums brakes, and they stop a world and a half's worth better than the stock brakes. They actually stop------quickly.
Old 12-14-2007, 05:36 PM   #14
caddymankc
WILD

E-Z-GO

My ezgo 3 wheeler stops--------------------------------------not very good.lol
Next time im at a swap meet ill look around for some 4 bolt rotors.
Old 12-15-2007, 01:45 PM   #15
Bulky
Gone Wild

Club Car

The 2003 Club Car Carryall 272 I just bought has 4 wheel hydraulic drums. If it had a motor in it, I could tell you how well it stops.....maybe I'll get my kids to push me around the yard and test it out.
Old 12-15-2007, 06:55 PM   #16
Tony
Not Yet Wild

Brian,

Very interesting idea. Could you post pics and would this work on a 2003 ezgo. What would the bill of materials consist of and is this hard to install?

thanks for sharing
Old 12-15-2007, 10:32 PM   #17
Bulky
Gone Wild

Club Car

Here are some quick pics of the spare front end for my 272. The cart is under 6 inches of snow...so the rest of the pics will have to wait a day or so. The brake pedal has a rod that connects to the master cylinder located under the front seat.

The upper and lower plate sandwich the frame rails, so I dont see why it wouldnt work on another cart. There is also another steel plate that ties teh shock tower to the top bar of the dashboard.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cc-front-1.jpg (38.1 KB, 71 views)
File Type: jpg cc-front-2.jpg (47.3 KB, 76 views)
File Type: jpg cc-front-3.jpg (57.1 KB, 66 views)
Old 12-16-2007, 10:01 AM   #18
NO NO NO E-Z-GO!
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulky View Post
...so I dont see why it wouldnt work on another cart.
Because other carts don't have those rails. Yamahas have round tubing that's bent at angles and E-Z-GOs don't even have a frame past the floorboard.
Old 12-16-2007, 11:15 AM   #19
Bulky
Gone Wild

Club Car

Ahh.... I see said the blind man....

..so, the best way to upgrade another brand cart is to lift up the fiberglass and slide a club car under it? :-)
Old 12-16-2007, 11:53 AM   #20
NO NO NO E-Z-GO!
Gone Wild

Now you're talking'!

I don't particularly care for the 272 front suspension because it has the swing axle design of past Yamaha carts. It's independent, but it doesn't make any attempt to keep the wheels vertical.

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > For Sale > Golf Carts and Parts > Golf Cart Parts