lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-04-2007, 08:52 PM   #1
sleg24
Not Yet Wild

Exclamation Gasoline in oil

I need help on finding out whats wrong with my 1995 gas club car. I just aquired this cart a couple weeks ago and have come to find that after a short run there is gas coming out of the dip stick resevoir. Initially it seemed to be getting too much gas in the carb and flooding out. Is this just a bad carb or a bad top end?? Please help!!
sleg24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-04-2007, 08:55 PM   #2
NO NO NO E-Z-GO!
Gone Wild

Default Re: Gasoline in oil

You'll need to check the air intake box and air filter to see if there is any type of buildup of dirt or anything in there. Club Car does not use a mechanical choke, so we know that's not sticking.

Check the compression of the engine. Being a 1995, it shouldn't be low on compression.

It's possible that the diaphragm in your fuel pump is bad and allowing fuel to drain back into the engine block through the vacuum line.

Hope this helps!
NO NO NO E-Z-GO! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 09:06 PM   #3
sleg24
Not Yet Wild

I have checked the compression and its at 130.?? Dont know if this is good or not. Have noticed that a line coming out of the carb is always leaking gas, maybe an overflow line?
Ill recheck the air intake box for anything out of the ordinary.
And how does the choke operate? Ive noticed the choke below the seat.
Thanks for the help!
Old 11-04-2007, 11:22 PM   #4
phasetim
Just me. .

Club Car

Quote:
It's possible that the diaphragm in your fuel pump is bad and allowing fuel to drain back into the engine block through the vacuum line.

I love it when that happens.... LOL
phasetim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 04:06 AM   #5
crash12888
Gone Crazy

How about the needle and seat in the carb? Check it for sticking or trash holding it open. That would be the first thing I checked.
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 05:51 PM   #6
NetMXer
Gone Wild

I wouldn't expect any carb problem to cause gasoline to get into the oil tank. The only way that would happen is if fuel is getting past the valve seals and into the valve cover or past the rings and getting into the bottom end.

Disclaimer: I have no knowledge of the Club Cart motors so my opinion may be way off but is based on many years of motorcycle service.

Last edited by NetMXer; 11-06-2007 at 05:58 PM.. Reason: Additional Thought
NetMXer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 10:35 PM   #7
BigBlockMan
Gone Wild

I think you'll find trash in the needle and seat in carb. float overflows dripping gas into intake through valves through rings into oil. Do a oil change and clean carb, Make sure needle is sealing. Pretty common problem.
BigBlockMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 10:34 PM   #8
sleg24
Not Yet Wild

Thumbs up Re: Gasoline in oil

Thanks for all the help, I cleaned the carb and the fuel pump which has fixed my problem. Thanks again.
Old 11-08-2007, 09:01 PM   #9
bp0088
Not Yet Wild

Thumbs up Re: Gasoline in oil

same happened to my 96cc carryall. cleaned carb, ran fine. went back to camp 1 week later, more gas in oil , replaced bad fuel line from filter to carb, no problems, anymore....
bp0088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car