lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-06-2013, 08:30 PM   #1
-GR-
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default 1998 Club Car DS seat questions

Hi gang,
I am going to try and get the Club Car fixed up for the tractor shows. I already ordered a Jake's 6" double a-arm lift kit and 12" ITP wheels and 23" tires. I want to pull the body off and paint it as well.

Currently it has the standard factory white seat covers with tears in them. I would love to put 2000+ newer one piece seat back on it as well as the hip rails as I think the newer ones look much better. I don't know if this is possible? Also is there anyone that sells oem replacement seat covers? I would like to go with buff color seat covers because I plan on painting the car metallic white or a charcoal gray and I think the buff would look nice with either color.
-GR- is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-07-2013, 07:54 AM   #2
shoelessjoe
Gone Wild

Default Re: 1998 Club Car DS seat questions

If you want to save a bunch of money just go to you local JoAnn Fabrics and get some marine grade vinyl and do the re-cover job yourself. I think I got a yard and a half of material (was about 30 bucks) and it was more than enough to re-do my seats. I have 0 experience doing upholstery and, not to toot my own horn, I managed to get them looking good in a few hours of work.

My original seat had the new style hip restraints but unfortunately somebody decided that they needed it more than I did and stole it. I just got a new seat with the old style hip restraints and seat frame. I like the newer ones better visually but for the cost, I'll keep the old ones. Looking at a few parts sites the new style ones are about 50 bucks a piece, and to get an entirely new seat assembly is going to run anywhere from 150 to 200 bucks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 088.jpg (219.2 KB, 0 views)
shoelessjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 12:51 AM   #3
4vertical
Gone Wild

Club Car

the newer seat bottoms are completely different. the rails won't interchange with steel ones. also for us "larger people" the newer seat is like an inch and a half narrower. At times that is a lot of room with 2 big people on the front seat!
4vertical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 07:44 AM   #4
-GR-
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I can live with the stock seat bottom. Just need to recover it. I think the biggest thing with the seats that I would like to do is to have the one piece seat back from the newer carts. I am guessing it should be close to bolting right up or I might have to make a adapter bracket? I plan on getting a rear flip seat and was thinking I might be able to get one for a newer cart and the holes might already line up for the one piece seat back?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
-GR- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 02:02 PM   #5
GAC
Getting Wild

Club Car

I bought this rear seat kit and used it for my front seat, I have a CC carryall and it worked out great.
http://www.franklingolfcar.com/Unive...FUqoPAodzRsAbw
GAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car