lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > On Road Golf Carts!
On Road Golf Carts! Low to the ground Golf Carts!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-09-2022, 10:39 AM   #1
ez-go-670
Not Yet Wild

Default Best DMV to get LSV inspectiin in SWFL

Hey all I have an old txt that Ive done all the work to meet the lsv guidlines in fl, at least I think. There are a few hang ups I though someone here may inow more about than me. I called my local dmv and they told me to call the palmetto dmv, So I sent them an email with a few pics of the cart and they sent me all the forms I need to fill out and told me it could be done I just need to pay the fees and have it physically inspected.

They did not specify if the windsheld needs to be as5, how loud can it be and will they test it, and do the tires need to be dot? Also do I need a cert of origin or is a bill of sale good enough. Its an hour and a half drive to palmetto so I dont want to do it twice. my windsheild is standard my tires are just stock golf cart tires and with my db meter I get 85db at idle and 92 at 8000rpm.

There is also the little snag that this cart has a 120hp ski doo engine in it... I have done all I can to tame it. I set the cutch up so it will creep at idle and you can comfortably put around at low rpm, I also put two car mufflers on it, an air box, and sealed and sound insulated the body around the engine as best I can. so if they ask me to start and run it, it doesnt sound like a fire breathing snowmobile.

So basically looking for input on which dmv is gonna be the most lax on the inspection and which dmvs around me can even issue vin for a lsv. I read in my search that someone said margate dmv let a standard windsheild slide.. margate is also about 1.5 hr drive for me, Im located in Naples FL and the local dmv says they cant do it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20220626_192450.jpg (210.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20220612_153530.jpg (210.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20220612_153604.jpg (210.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20220613_150217.jpg (206.0 KB, 0 views)
ez-go-670 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-09-2022, 01:14 PM   #2
ez-go-670
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Best DMV to get LSV inspectiin in SWFL

https://imgur.com/a/8ORiF37

heres a better pic
ez-go-670 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2022, 05:00 PM   #3
KartMan154
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Best DMV to get LSV inspectiin in SWFL

Our DMV required a DOT windshield, and they are not cheap, even online. Had to pay $400 for one.
KartMan154 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
as5, dmv, dot windshield, lsv, street legal
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > On Road Golf Carts!