lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-12-2011, 09:19 AM   #1
golfcart1978
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default cart will not move at all

hello, i am working on a 36v 1993 club car ds for my friend. when the batteries are charged the headlights come on bright and the strobe light works properly(this is a security golf cart) but when you put it in forward or reverse it does nothing. i did not here the solinoid clicking so i put a brand new solinoid, it does not click and cart still does not move at all. there is a rod going from the accelerator to a little box, when i press the accelerator this makes a click but not the solinoid. any help you can provide would be appreciated.
golfcart1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 10:18 AM   #2
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Default Re: cart will not move at all

check your wiring going to the soleniod to make sure you have power and if not work to see where you lost it at........if you do have power going to soleniod try jumping large post on soleniod its possible even the new soleniod could be bad....................you checked your batteries and cables? voltage is good and cables good everything wired up correct......you can get a wiring diagram in the stickies to help you along...........................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 10:57 AM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: cart will not move at all

Welcome to BGW!

Below you will find how the solenoid works, this will help you determine if the activation circuit is being completed when you press the gas. If not there are micro switches at the F&R and one in the V-glide = that might be the culprit. But it is best if you can learn to test the circuit with a meter rather than throwing parts at it.... Let us know what you find.....
A quick overview of the solenoid is :
The solenoid is a HD on/off switch or Contactor
the connection is made /broken between the 2 large terminals. The 2 small terminals are the activation circuit. typically one terminal will have a constant negative connection to the pack. When Positive power is applied to the second small terminal the contact is drawn up against the spring to make contact. When power from either side of the activation circuit is removed then contact is released and the spring pushes it away interrupting the circuit ...It doesn't matter which small terminal is neg or pos on the activation circuit so long as you have both present the solenoid will CLICK and make contact from one BIG post to the other BIG post.....
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car