lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha > Lithium Yamaha

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-26-2021, 01:27 PM   #1
jtech
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Thumbs up Converting from lead acid to lithium.

I have converted my 2017 Yamaha Drive2 PTV golf cart to run on four RELi3ON® InSight lithium 48-volt batteries. I went with four because of the significant elevation changes on both of my home courses. If your course is flatter, and you typically only play one round a day, you could just use two of the RELi3ON batteries.

The process was fairly easy and the results fantastic. Now, even after driving around and playing 36 holes on my very hilly courses, the remaining charge is still in the mid 60% range.

Handling and “zippiness” are superb due to the permanent weight reduction. Another bonus is not ever having to think about checking and adding distilled water to the batteries.

My detailed how-to write-up is at
https://insight.daumphotography.com/...ium-batteries/

jtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-26-2021, 02:00 PM   #2
bpg11
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Converting from lead acid to lithium.

I like the 48v option, makes it simple to add or drop capacity! How do you get other 12v options (lights etc.) to run with these batteries?

Cheers.
bpg11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2021, 03:11 PM   #3
jtech
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Converting from lead acid to lithium.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpg11 View Post
I like the 48v option, makes it simple to add or drop capacity! How do you get other 12v options (lights etc.) to run with these batteries?

Cheers.
Indeed, the scalability is a real nice plus of doing it this way.

I used a 48 to 24 volt step down converter to run my 24 volt ceiling mounted fans unit on the Yamaha. You can by different step down converters to run what you need. The Yamaha already has two USB ports built in.
Old 08-02-2021, 05:56 PM   #4
jtech
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Converting from lead acid to lithium: UPDATE

I thought I'd pass on a very nice outcome that resulted from converting my 2017 Yamaha Drive2 PTV golf cart to run on four RELi3ON® InSight lithium 48-volt batteries (for details see my post #1 above).

I was away for about 7 weeks and during that time had switched my cart to "Tow" and powered down my four RELi3ON® InSight lithium 48-volt batteries. I do not like leaving the cart on the charger when I am not around.

When I came back and turned the batteries back on, they were at 99% full charge. There is no way I could have done the same with the original lead acid Trojan batteries. They would have discharged so far that the cart would not have been usable.

I continue to be very impressed with how fast these RELi3ON® InSight lithium batteries charge back to 100% after driving around and playing golf.

Tags
lithium, relion
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha > Lithium Yamaha