lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-08-2009, 09:25 AM   #1
mattlsmith1
Not Yet Wild

Thumbs down Where is solenoid on 99 Ez Go?

Hi folks. I am new to golf carting. When I purchased my house the owner sold me the ez go electric golf cart that he used at the property for hopefully a very good price. I have ridden it around some and enjoy it greatly.

The problem is that it now seems not to want to run. (Actually, it will run sometimes, but most of the time it won't.) When I put it in reverse I get a strong "back-up" beep. When I depress the accelerator pedal I hear a clicking sound, but get no movement. I'm assuming I've got a solenoid problem, but I'd appreciate it if someone would confirm that.

Also, I took the seat off and looked in the battery compartment. I didn't see a solenoid there. Is it possible that the solenoid is in the rear, right next to the electric motor? If not, where is it?

I think my cart is a 1999 Ez Go, but not positive. It is 36V, since it has six 6V batteries.

Anyone have any idea what's wrong, and where is the solenoid? How can I check to see that the solenoid is the problem? Thanks!
mattlsmith1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-08-2009, 10:20 AM   #2
dougmcp
Gone Wild

Default Re: Where is solenoid on 99 Ez Go?

The solenoid should be between the controller and the F-N-R switch. Silver colored with 2 large posts and 2 small posts.
dougmcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 10:39 AM   #3
mattlsmith1
Not Yet Wild

Thank you!

I'm pretty sure I'd know the solenoid if I saw it -- I've replaced one on a car before. I just don't know what part of the vehicle body I need to remove to get to it on the golf cart. I know where the F-N-R switch is, but not sure I can identify the controller. There is something that may be a controller on the passenger side, under the seat next to the batteries, that appears to be mounted along the wall. From memory, it seems to be about 4" x 6" x 12" or so. If that's not the controller, then I guess it must be located in the rear next to the electric motor.

I did take look under an area with wires that is in between the F-N-R switch and what I described above as the probable controller, but I did not see anything that resembled a solenoid. This was mounted against the passenger wall between the FNR and controller, so it would seem to be in the correct location. As I recall, the space was very tight there and I couldn't see everything, so if the solenoid is very small on a golf cart, perhaps it's in that area after all. If you think that's where it's located, I'll get a flashlight and look again.

Thanks for your help!
mattlsmith1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 10:44 AM   #4
pggroves
steeplejack x

E-Z-GO

Look under the controller environmental cover. You'll likely find the solenoid there.

Is there a Run/Tow Maintenance switch on the controller cover? If yes, then you have a DCS cart so be very sure to switch to tow before doing any maintenance on the cart.

Low battery voltages can also be suspect.

Good luck.
pggroves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 10:51 AM   #5
dougmcp
Gone Wild

Here is a photo of my cart, under the seat, passenger side. Yours may not be the same but should be similar.
The controller on the left, F-N-R switch on the right and solenoid bottom center.
http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/e...t/P4280188.jpg
dougmcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO