lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-07-2012, 07:19 PM   #11
2manytoyz
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Street Legal ?

I'm merely quoting the law. I've found nowhere in the FL statute that has provisions for turning a golf cart into an LSV here in FL. A particular county might, and that is covered in the section I referenced. Statewide is another thing.

Rather than being a smartass, just post a link to the relavent law if it's a statewide thing.

160 posts, and you're the old man here, LOL!
2manytoyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-07-2012, 07:24 PM   #12
jps11
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Thumbs up Re: Street Legal ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lampooner1 View Post
Move to SC, here is latest regulation.

You are allowed to drive a golf cart outside of a golf course only if you do so during daylight hours, limit your travel to secondary streets and highways, and remain within four miles of your residence or office.

Registration with DMV only requires filling out one simple form and mailing it in to the DMV.
That is GREAT! I live in a golf cart friendly development but it technically is limited to the golf courses and the elementary school. The sheriff turnS a blind eye when it comes to the shopping centers and restaurants that are within the area. It would be nice to have it be official!
jps11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 08:31 PM   #13
2manytoyz
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Okay, spent an hour digging through the FL statutes. LSV and golf carts are clearly defined. One ain't the other. Nothing is mentioned about conversions.

However, the Florida Motor Vehicle Mobile Home and Recreational Vehicle Dealer's Handbook DOES talk about conversions.

Reference: www.flhsmv.gov/dmv/DealerHandbook.pdf Page 64

F. LOW SPEED VEHICLES

<SNIPPED SECTION OMITTED>

"Used and new golf carts that are converted as golf cars with a maximum speed greater than 20 mph, but not greater than 25 mph will be titled as assembled from parts (ASPT).

Dealers who sell used golf cars or golf carts converted into LSV’s must be licensed as independent dealers.

A golf cart that is converted to a low speed vehicle conforms to title 49 CFR part 571.500 and section 316-2126, Florida Statutes, and must have the following:

Headlamps; Stop lamps; Tail lamps; Front and rear turn signal lamps; Windshield with an ASI or AS5 composition; Type 1 or type 2 seat belt assembly conforming to Section 571.209 of this part, Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard No. 209, seat belt assemblies at each designated seating position; An exterior mirror on the driver’s side of the vehicle and either an exterior mirror mounted on the passenger’s side of the vehicle or an interior mirror; Parking brakes; Reflex reflectors: one red on each side as far to the rear as practicable, and one red on the rear; Windshield cleaning device pursuant to, section 316.2952 (3) (4), Florida Statutes; Horn pursuant to section 316.271 (1), Florida Statutes; Slow Moving Vehicle Emblem (SMV) pursuant to section 316.225 (7) (a) (b) Florida Statutes; and Illuminated rear license plate bracket."

So it can be done legally statewide, provided you follow the extensive requirements. Shame this isn't mentioned in the Statutes...
Old 09-07-2012, 08:41 PM   #14
delagem
Gone Wild

Club Car

Wow, that was a lot of work!

I was going to simply post a photo of a golf cart, with a Florida license plate, and the word "Florida" circled in red...

But then I realized that:
1. That doesn't help the original poster of this thread, and his question, in the least.
b. It would violate my suggestion of "read more, post less"
iii. It would run up my post count
delagem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 08:47 PM   #15
jps11
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by delagem View Post
Wow, that was a lot of work!

I was going to simply post a photo of a golf cart, with a Florida license plate, and the word "Florida" circled in red...

But then I realized that:
1. That doesn't help the original poster of this thread, and his question, in the least.
b. It would violate my suggestion of "read more, post less"
iii. It would run up my post count

Old 09-07-2012, 08:49 PM   #16
erict
Gone Wild

Club Car

I just use this without any issues.......

2012-F150-Harley-Davidson-Qrtr.jpg
erict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 08:54 PM   #17
jps11
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by erict View Post
I just use this without any issues.......

Attachment 71785
Al Gore would be disappointed!
Old 09-07-2012, 09:03 PM   #18
erict
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by jps11 View Post
Al Gore would be disappointed!
But not the American worker...
erict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 09:07 PM   #19
jps11
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by erict View Post
But not the American worker...
Old 09-07-2012, 09:15 PM   #20
2manytoyz
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

The key detail here is you can't make a golf cart street legal but you can convert is to an LSV, which is street legal. Once it's converted, it's no longer defined as a golf cart per the fl statutes.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car