lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-10-2008, 07:02 PM   #1
New Buggie Man
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Tire PSI for off road 10x22

Just a polling question. What is the preferred tire pressure for the off road setup? I had a mesquite thorn pop thru Friday. I think my pressures were too high.
New Buggie Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-10-2008, 07:32 PM   #2
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

Default Re: Tire PSI for off road 10x22

I usually run anywhere between 6 and 10 in my cart tires. My old G9 I use to pull a bush hog has green slime in them. I know all too well about thorns. If your off roading, be sure to take a tire plug kit with you. They are about $10 at Walmart.

spriddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 07:41 PM   #3
New Buggie Man
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

10-4 Spriddle! I knew you were the man with the answers. Do you prefer 6 or 10 psi or can you tell a difference? The recommended pressures on the Duro web are 5 psi @ 350 lbs per tire rating.
Old 11-10-2008, 07:47 PM   #4
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

Depends on how rough the ride will be. Lower pressure is a smoother ride on the fields and more pressure seems to be better climbing on hills for me. Try different levels. Heck these tires can almost run flat. If your going to be going sideways on hills with rocks I would not advise a real low pressure. You don't want to pop the bead off the rim. How wide are your rims? My opinion, the wider the better. I have 20's on the front of my G9 and 22's with 2 inch spacers on the back. But I get almost verticle sideways in some spots.

IMGP0034.jpg

Old 11-10-2008, 07:50 PM   #5
New Buggie Man
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

10x22x11's is my setup. That is what I was told as I had orginally 12psi. I think that is why I had the puncture. I also bought the infamous slime to poor in for extra protection.
Old 11-10-2008, 07:54 PM   #6
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

To be honest, I don't know that stuff really works as well as they claim. I do know you don't want to be the one changing the tire if you put it in. LOL! Yes, I've done it. What a mess. And that stuff never does stick to anything. It just stays thick. I bought one of those gallons and distributed it equally in all four of my tires. I haven't had a flat since but I can't really say its due to the slime. It will make your tires heavier so be aware of that. Good thing if riding in a creek though.

Old 11-10-2008, 07:58 PM   #7
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

I also have it in my Rhino. I'm willing to try anything that will keep a tire from puncturing. Nothing worse than being out and getting a flat. I never go trail riding without a tire kit and small compressor. They are worth their weight in gold if on top of some mountain somewhere and you have a flat. I can't stress enough getting these two items if you trail ride far away from civilization.

Old 11-10-2008, 08:01 PM   #8
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

The compressor I have is an AC Delco: compressor/battery charger/light ($45 at Big Lots and worth about $1000 on the trails ). I can't tell you how many times I have had to use it on other peoples ATV's. Most of which would have been stuck if I hadn't have had it.

Old 11-10-2008, 08:03 PM   #9
New Buggie Man
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

You sold me! AC Delco here I come. I just thought they had good commercials, but man they should hire you. Is there a subliminal in this message some where.....
Old 11-10-2008, 08:06 PM   #10
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

LOL! But any brand will do. They make all kinds. Get the one that has the battery charger/starter. You'll use it all the time on mowers, etc.... if your like me and constantly working on things.

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha