lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-24-2015, 11:26 AM   #1
ls1chris
Getting Wild

Default 2013 ez-go rxv

hey fella's new guy here! first post.
from canada just bought a 2013 RXV freedom 4 pass gas cart, for use in the mayan riviera. adjusted the pedal slack, the governor ( just a tad bit ) and the throttle plate stop screw ( had a bit of exhaust back fire at low speed)
got that stuff figured out.
my question(s) ordered a Jakes 6" spindle kit, with 23" tires and 2- 1" spacers just in case i needed for the rear or the front rub.(6"lift and tire package #1

1-is there any welding involved with the rear axle? or are the blocks / flanges held in place with new ubolts?

2- is 1" spacers enough ? do i need to order 2 more? or 2" spacers?

3- i ordered EZ-GO axle offset kit from the local EZ-GO dealer here part number 627807 i assume this relocates the diff closer to the rear of the cart?

it says for up to 4" but i am going to use it anyway. cart already has the HD rear leafs.
pretty excited for the wife and kids to get out here and tour around town in the new buggy. it surprises me how after owning a cart , how often you see them! i also ordered these slick side mirrors with directional LED's, a unique key'd ignition and a bunch of other due-dads and gizmo's ( i cant remember everything i was online shopping and went to the off road importer in cancun and gave him a list)
i am going to get a cart for back home to tinker with and bomb around the acreage, visit neighbors ect.

thanks for your opinions!!
Chris from Canada or Puerto Morelos
ls1chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-26-2015, 03:53 PM   #2
ls1chris
Getting Wild

Default Re: 2013 ez-go rxv

anyone??
ordered a front disks from jakes and madjack seatbelt kit today.
i would like flares but am gonna wait untill i have new lift/tires on first.
Old 05-27-2015, 04:01 PM   #3
BeerBuggy
Getting Wild

Mixed Breed

No welding needed for sure.* No spacers needed either, but they do look cool.* I've had an EZGO with the same set up and my current ride is a Yamaha with 1.5 spacers in the front and 2.5 in the rear.* The only reason I added the spacer is due to my cart being a hoss with 26" tires and long travel lift.* It looks like a beast and rides like one! But that's just part of being a beast of a cart!uploadfromtaptalk1432759886231.jpguploadfromtaptalk1432760034068.jpguploadfromtaptalk1432760135522.jpguploadfromtaptalk1432760214243.jpguploadfromtaptalk1432760297856.jpg
BeerBuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 04:15 PM   #4
ls1chris
Getting Wild

Beerbuggy, thanks for the reply! was it pretty road stable afterward?
i guess the ezgo axle kit is to move it back to center it on the wheel well, maybe i dont need it but it showed up today
Old 05-28-2015, 09:38 PM   #5
BeerBuggy
Getting Wild

Mixed Breed

For sure, they do good on the road. Im not a fan of making them go 25-30mph being without upgrading the brakes you are just asking for trouble in my opinion. Stay around 18-22 and it should be safe for the whole family to enjoy.
Old 05-31-2015, 11:07 PM   #6
ls1chris
Getting Wild

lift shows up in cancun on tues or wens this week , jakes frond disk kit comes this friday. i have it GPS to 17 MPH via governor i may claw it back to that same speed after the new tires are on it. found some really cool side mirrors on jakes also (come on ties-wens order) that have LED directional in them.
after adjusting out the throttle cable pedal slack i had a backfire on the exhaust side that would happen after driving , slowing to stop and going again it would pop. adding slack back into the cable and then adjusting with the governor bracket eliminated the backfire and pushed my speed up to 23MPH and i backed the governor off to 17 MHP untill i can get home, buy a replacement governor gear and have my buddy cnc me a new of of alloy rather than the plastic stock unit.
i would like to find a decent tach, a blank gauge panel so i can swap the fuel gauge for a lighted one, swap the headlight switch for a lighted unit as well, maybe a ground speed RF speedometer as well .
i need to tear through the harnesses and find the relay for the rear tail lights, i like how when i apply the park brake and shut the cart down they stay illuminated for a minute or so and would like that with the headlights.
i'll post pics as items arrive and the tear down begins.
any ideas about the rear axle re-locator kit from EZGO?? i assume it just corrects the geometry the rear loses as it is lifted, that shows up at the dealer in playa del carmen on wensday with my unique keyd ignition also, i hope the relocator kit will work with the jakes lift.
Old 06-01-2015, 08:19 PM   #7
BeerBuggy
Getting Wild

Mixed Breed

If you need any help let me know... I will head your way!
Old 06-03-2015, 08:27 AM   #8
ls1chris
Getting Wild

today all my stuff should be here! ( except brake kit they shipped week late, not in stock) i sure hope they pull through and show up.
been here two weeks on my own already , and my lawyer has no idea when immigration will call for the next part of my temp visa process.
back home i could buy all this off the shelf same day, not so here.
Old 06-03-2015, 08:30 AM   #9
ls1chris
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBuggy View Post
If you need any help let me know... I will head your way!
it's a long way from central texas to puerto morelos!
i met a guy in town today that has a really cool older cart. not sure the brand, but the roof structure is awesome one it!! they took the polished aluminum roof structure from a fishing boat and modified it to fit his cart , with nerf bars, and rod holders . if i see him in town today i will snap some pics of it, the people here have some ingenious ideas to repurpose things.
Old 06-04-2015, 06:42 PM   #10
ls1chris
Getting Wild

my buddy's cart here in mexico i think its a clubcar and i dont know why it is sideways???
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cart.jpg (146.9 KB, 0 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts