lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-04-2016, 04:15 PM   #11
crash test dummy

Default Re: Disconnect Backup Buzzer 2001 EZ-GO TXT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helirich View Post
You may want to put a piece of electrical tape over the buzzer. You can hear it, but it's not so obnoxious. Safety is one thing, hearing loss is another.
yes you can mute your buzzer and when the old lady with hearing loss is run over by you and her legs are mangled , you can just say "it was obnoxious"
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-04-2016, 06:14 PM   #12
Helirich
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash test dummy View Post
yes you can mute your buzzer and when the old lady with hearing loss is run over by you and her legs are mangled , you can just say "it was obnoxious"
I don't have a backup horn on my truck. Also, I drive a revolutionary new way. I look before I back up.
Helirich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 06:30 PM   #13
crash test dummy

you are also human , you make mistakes
you don't have back up alarms on that monster green truck you drive ? shame on you ,,, i can send you some
i'm sorry it is one of my pet peeves , i have seen the carnage that can happen when someone backs over a person
i also have seen what happens when a distracted driver runs over someone going forward
in fact i have seen someone run over when they forgot to put their cart on jacks
Old 02-04-2016, 06:34 PM   #14
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

I have seen this same argument come up over and over again, the reason You have the buzzer is not so people can hear it and get out of Your way, it is so You can remember the cart is on Reverse and don't go running at full speed at someone that was behind you.

You should definitely have a reminder buzzer.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 10:16 PM   #15
rib33024

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helirich View Post
I don't have a backup horn on my truck. Also, I drive a revolutionary new way. I look before I back up.
Yeah.. but you can hear your truck running, and it has back up lights to let some one your backing up. Electric carts make no noise, until you hear the person you ran over screaming
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 10:16 AM   #16
Helirich
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
I have seen this same argument come up over and over again, the reason You have the buzzer is not so people can hear it and get out of Your way, it is so You can remember the cart is on Reverse and don't go running at full speed at someone that was behind you.

You should definitely have a reminder buzzer.
I have to admit this is probably the best reason to have a buzzer. In any case, the tape does not silence the buzzer. My buzzer hurts my ears with no tape. My wife could hear it inside the house 400 ft away. (No exaggeration) With the tape, You still can't miss it from twenty feet.
Helirich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 10:40 AM   #17
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Mine is taped too, but it is still loud enough that I don't forget the cart on reverse, or worst, try to drive it forward and not realize that it was on reverse.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO