lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-19-2016, 04:26 PM   #1
kbgray2200
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default RXV Hill stop Fail

When I stop my 2012 RXV on a steep incline (both pointed uphill and down) the parking brake comes on like it should then the buzzer starts sounding. Then when pressing the 'gas' it won't go and the buzzer continues. I can stop the buzzer by turning the key off, but the buzzer starts again when I turn the key back on and the cart still won't run. If I get my companion to push a little this may take enough pressure off the parking brake to allow me to turn the key on and start going again. Alternately, I can flip the tow switch, turn on the key to neutral and coast to a more level spot, then unflip the tow switch and are good to go again. It rarely did this for the 1st 2 years, but now its more and more of an issue with the incline effecting becoming more shallow.
kbgray2200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-19-2016, 08:57 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: RXV Hill stop Fail

"Brake slipping" is your problem. Get a new motor brake. It will get worse, where it fails the twist test when on flat ground. I have seen this problem many times, and am sure of my diagnosis.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 02:55 AM   #3
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Default Re: RXV Hill stop Fail

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
"Brake slipping" is your problem. Get a new motor brake. It will get worse, where it fails the twist test when on flat ground. I have seen this problem many times, and am sure of my diagnosis.
I concur. The controller is detecting rotation of the AC motor while the motor brake is powered off (it is spring applied). The motor brake has a rotating friction disc (like a clutch) that grips a fixed metal disc when unpowered. Replace the motor brake before it gets worst and fails totally. You might want to keep the old motor brake for parts. The activation coil might still be good and they cannot be bought as a replacement part.

Bob
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
incline brake freeze
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO