lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-15-2018, 06:38 PM   #11
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: How do I roll EZGO Marathon off trailer?

I'm accessing BGW primarily on a Mac. If you don't keep Flash player updated Apple will block flash player because it is a conduit for maleware on a Mac (and PC's also). Not worth the trouble and generally not needed for what I do.
One of the advantages of a Mac is immunity to maleware/viruses. Not perfect but generally very resistant. Flash player offers me nothing to make the risk worthwhile.

FWIW my original IMAC is 10 years old and works like new. Still in use by a family member. Never had an antivirus program on it. It only recently became not supported by Apple for OS updates. Still gets security updates. For a milestone birthday I rewarded myself with a new 27" IMAC.

We keep a laptop(PC) to keep a hand in Windows and for things like Alltrax software. Flash player is on it but we limit the things we do with it.
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-15-2018, 06:50 PM   #12
rib33024

Quote:
Originally Posted by kernal View Post
I'm accessing BGW primarily on a Mac. If you don't keep Flash player updated Apple will block flash player because it is a conduit for maleware on a Mac (and PC's also). Not worth the trouble and generally not needed for what I do.
One of the advantages of a Mac is immunity to maleware/viruses. Not perfect but generally very resistant. Flash player offers me nothing to make the risk worthwhile.
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 07:12 PM   #13
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by kernal View Post

FWIW my original IMAC is 10 years old and works like new. Still in use by a family member. Never had an antivirus program on it. It only recently became not supported by Apple for OS updates. Still gets security updates. For a milestone birthday I rewarded myself with a new 27" IMAC.

We keep a laptop(PC) to keep a hand in Windows and for things like Alltrax software. Flash player is on it but we limit the things we do with it.

I’m also a Mac user although I have macs and PC’s in my office. Apple has been really bad about dropping support for old macs with the last few updates. A 2008 iMac wouldn’t be of much use, although I’m sure I have some around.

Did you get a Retina 5K iMac? Those things are great.

Club Car DS driver’s club #59
LukeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 07:33 PM   #14
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

yup, beautiful and large. can never have too much screen space IMO

also I'm likin dark mode.
Old 11-15-2018, 08:23 PM   #15
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Love my Mac. I use to use nothing but malware, virus infected Windows 'puters. Best thing was switching to a Mac.
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 10:56 PM   #16
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

I think we hijacked this thread with a Mac rant. But I love mine too[emoji1303]

Old 11-16-2018, 07:09 AM   #17
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeL View Post
I think we hijacked this thread with a Mac rant. But I love mine too[emoji1303]

Agree, although you could argue the hijack was technically started by a MOD in post #10 so I don't sense an impending wrist slap.

Wonder if the OP ever got his cart off the trailer and if a big hammer released the brake. Hopefully for him its not a motor issue.
Old 11-16-2018, 07:10 AM   #18
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

Usually with a locked motor the wheels will run in opposite directions only. Since one of the wheels is turning I’d suspect a locked up brake drum.

Old 11-16-2018, 09:05 AM   #19
lvandyke
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

so took off rear wheels, both sides. couldn't remove drum, regardless of wd-40 and banging. got it to move 1"..thats all. wheels will move back and forth only 1/4 of turn with both wheels jacked up. got it off trailer by sliding and rear still jacked up. will work more on removing drums. I am familiar w/ brake shoe repairs on cars- this seems to be similar.
lvandyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 10:45 AM   #20
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

Cut off the pin on the back side of the drum. Then the shoes will pop lose and allow the drum to come off.

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO