lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-30-2021, 10:00 AM   #1
wmarconett
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

Default Western Golf Cart - New Owner - Old Cart

Hi. Made my first golf cart purchase today...a vintage Western. I've read the threads and have tried to identify a serial number or year for my cart and I am coming up empty handed. Have looked under passenger side of seat and chassis. Any other clues? I'd love to add a back seat. Currently has a ball washer...which I won't use and a split windshield. Would love to upgrade/replace the fringe, not sure where to source that as well as the carpet on the floorboard with either new carpet or some form of plastic...where to source? This cart will be used for neighborhood trips to the pool, etc. No golfers in our household. Just need some advice on where to source and how to find out the year/model. It needs some TLC and I plan to show it plenty. Would love advice and tips. Thanks in advance! Super excited about my vintage beast.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_5242.jpg (202.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5243.jpg (196.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5244.jpg (204.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5245.jpg (191.5 KB, 0 views)
wmarconett is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-30-2021, 04:05 PM   #2
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

Default Re: Western Golf Cart - New Owner - Old Cart

Thats an old one. Western 100 Im pretty sure. Serial number and model are etched into the passenger side frame rail under the seat. Not that it mattes really. Ezgo chassis with a western body kit is really all it is
Golf cart guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2021, 11:27 AM   #3
golf cart man
Gone Unrestrained

Mixed Breed

Default Re: Western Golf Cart - New Owner - Old Cart

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmarconett View Post
Hi. Made my first golf cart purchase today...a vintage Western. I've read the threads and have tried to identify a serial number or year for my cart and I am coming up empty handed. Have looked under passenger side of seat and chassis. Any other clues? I'd love to add a back seat. Currently has a ball washer...which I won't use and a split windshield. Would love to upgrade/replace the fringe, not sure where to source that as well as the carpet on the floorboard with either new carpet or some form of plastic...where to source? This cart will be used for neighborhood trips to the pool, etc. No golfers in our household. Just need some advice on where to source and how to find out the year/model. It needs some TLC and I plan to show it plenty. Would love advice and tips. Thanks in advance! Super excited about my vintage beast.
That is a Western on an ezgo Marathon chassis. So when looking for wiring diagrams look for an ezgo marathon and match it up that way. Adding a back seat will likely require some fabrication. Although on this particular model they didn't change up the back all that much looks wise from an ezgo marathon that molded in cooler behind the seats will likely present some issues requiring some creativity and fabrication but anything can be done. Replacing the fringe is easy. Usually it is attached with velcro. Best bet would be to go to a local upholstery shop with the old and have them make you up a new strip with vinyl if that is what you prefer. Flooring is personal preference. If you want to stick with carpet you could choose an outdoor carpet, cut to size and then have a local carpet binding service bind the edges. It is usually very cheap to do. Check out photos and see if a marathon rubber floor mat would match up if you prefer that instead. I've even cut to size that synthetic teak stuff used on boats.

There is not really any direct source for the things you want as it is a western. Just have to get creative and you can turn it into a pretty cool cart.
golf cart man is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts