lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-09-2022, 07:49 PM   #1
Jwinter
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Angry New Alltrax PDS 400 but "still" low performance

I have enjoyed and learned alot from this forum about Ezgo Buggies. My son and I are trying to resurrect our old 2002 Ezgo XCT PDS so we can cruise around much faster in our golf cart friendly Texas neighborhood.
We installed my new Alltrax 400 with XCT 400+ 200 amp Solenoid last night. I replaced the Curtis controller with the Alltrax 400 hoping for more speed and to fix my cart starting off fast but slowing down to a stall after 1/4 mile in my neighborhood. (Happened with the Curtis controller as well). I have also upgraded to 2 gauge wires.

So now with no luck and my cart slowing down to a stall after about 1/4 mile my call to my local golf cart garage tells me I may have a speed controller problem. I checked it out, but when I put the Alltrax controller in run and physically push the cart myself it beeps. I read this is indicating the speed controller is working correctly. (Not sure about this?)
So I am about at my bandwidth and need any help from someone who knows much more than I do about these ezgo buggies. Thank you in advance for your help.

Joe
Jwinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-09-2022, 08:39 PM   #2
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: New Alltrax PDS 400 but "still" low performance

Best suggestion is to download the Alltrax Toolbox (from the Alltrax website) onto a laptop and plug the laptop into the Alltrax controller. Find out what faults you have before you start randomly swapping parts.
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2022, 08:52 PM   #3
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Sounds more like a battery problem to me. Do log your run with the Alltrax toolkit and you will find out what is going on.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2022, 12:13 AM   #4
PuttPutt
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

"trying to resurrect our old 2002 Ezgo"

Welcome to Buggies gone wild

Agree with Volt-Ampere

How old are those batteries? How long did they sit without a charge?

what is the pack voltage?

what is each battery voltage?
PuttPutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2022, 01:38 AM   #5
Jwinter
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Question Re: New Alltrax PDS 400 but "still" low performance

Thanks for all the suggestions guys. I got home this afternoon and downloaded and ran the Alltrax Toolkit software, saved a .csv Log file successfully and tried to save a controller snapshot file. Not sure if this was correct procedure but I recorded these two files with the rear end jacked up, stable and running with the pedal completely compressed. The controller snapshot file came out in some language I can't interpret but I zipped both files attached for your reference.

Tonight, when I ran the Alltrax Toolkit Software program the cart had driven around the block a couple of times with my son and 85lb dog (3/4 mile roughly). We clocked 18 mph on straight away/level pavement with the windshade down but then the cart began to slow down and we pulled into the driveway and hooked up my computer.

The batteries are 1 year old and each have been charging up to 6.3 to 6.8 via multimeter. I will put the cart on charge tonight and report on a current fully packed charge and on the individual batteries tomorrow as well. I appreciate everybody's expertise and help!
Attached Files
File Type: zip Golf Cart.zip (18.5 KB, 0 views)
Old 01-11-2022, 10:05 AM   #6
PuttPutt
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Wheels off the ground no load . The chart Showes your battery voltage is 33.8 that is very low voltage .

After charging the pack let it rest off the charger several hours before taking a voltage reading. If the batteries sat for a year in a state of discharge it might have damage them.
PuttPutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2022, 10:09 AM   #7
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Those batteries are very low voltage even with zero current in your logs. By the way, you open those logs with Excel. You need new batteries.
Old 01-11-2022, 02:16 PM   #8
Jwinter
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I just checked the battery pack and it is 36.8. All batteries were 6.25 to 6.6 after this charge. These numbers are within normal range right or is there more that I am missing? I know the cart runs down quickly for sure?
Old 01-11-2022, 02:32 PM   #9
Sideways
Gone Wild

This chart is just a general guideline but it appears that the batteries are your issue. Check the water level (fill with distilled water as needed) Another issue could be your charger is not fully charging the batteries.
Any chance of borrowing another charger to try?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg JohnnieB's SoC Chart.JPG (42.1 KB, 0 views)
Sideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2022, 03:11 PM   #10
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

You said when it got slow it was at 33.8V (did not say what individual batteries were) and that is very low which is why it was slow. Sounds like you have very little capacity left in those batteries.

Tags
alltrax 400, ezgo, pds, performance issue, txt
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO