lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-03-2022, 10:10 AM   #21
cfurtick
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Another battery question - 2021 Valor - cart crawls after a few minutes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volt_Ampere View Post
You should not be able to overcharge them. Just make sure that they are watered after charging. (never before) The important voltage is what they rest at after sitting a few hours after charging. The float voltage is always much higher than that.

Got it! Thanks for the tip!
cfurtick is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-03-2022, 10:26 AM   #22
ojo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Another battery question - 2021 Valor - cart crawls after a few minutes

Just checked the final charge voltage of my Delta Q for comparation = ~ 66 volts
ojo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2022, 10:39 AM   #23
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

What you want to check is the balance of your batteries after sitting for a few hours after charging. Measure each battery voltage. They should be very close to equal. If not, your batteries are not balanced or one or more battery is bad. Then load test the pack by measuring the voltage while driving the cart. Almost always when I have helped friends do this we find that their batteries have severely degraded and need replacing.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2022, 11:44 AM   #24
cfurtick
Not Yet Wild

Got it.
I'll continue to cycle the charger throughout the day then will take the charger off for a few hours this evening and check the pack voltage and individual voltage.

Then I'll drive it a bit while monitoring the voltage.

Quote:
What you want to check is the balance of your batteries after sitting for a few hours after charging. Measure each battery voltage. They should be very close to equal. If not, your batteries are not balanced or one or more battery is bad. Then load test the pack by measuring the voltage while driving the cart. Almost always when I have helped friends do this we find that their batteries have severely degraded and need replacing.
Old 02-04-2022, 09:12 AM   #25
cfurtick
Not Yet Wild

This morning's update:

I cycled the charger aver a dozen times yesterday throughout the day, let the cart sit overnight (about 8 hours) , checked the voltage this morning.

Pack voltage 51.0 V

Battery 1 8.54V
Battery 2 8.62V
Battery 3 8.54V
Battery 4 8.56V
Battery 5 8.61V
Battery 6 8.44V

Total 51.22

So It seems the batteries are level/even in the pack, but the total voltage is not near the 60ish that some have reported.

I drove the car a few minutes (its raining) and could tell the torque was somewhat improved, when I pulled out of the garage it was evident that the motor was more "peppy".

I monitored the voltage while I drove, it fluctuated between the high of 51V down to the low of 44V.

Going up a small slowed down a good bit.

Still unclear if this is a battery taking a bow issue or if the charger isn't fully charging the pack.

I would think after 12+ charge cycles I should be getting close to the 60ishV.

Appreciate you guys going along with me on this saga!
Old 02-04-2022, 09:23 AM   #26
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

It won't be 60ish after sitting for 8 hours. It should be there at the end of the charge cycle.
Old 02-04-2022, 10:06 AM   #27
cfurtick
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
It won't be 60ish after sitting for 8 hours. It should be there at the end of the charge cycle.
Max I ever saw immediately after a charge cycle was 54ish.

54.7V if I remember correctly.
Old 02-04-2022, 10:46 AM   #28
ojo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

The pack voltage after 8 hrs are absolutely ok, 100% SOC according to Trojan battery data (50.93v). I'm not sure with the drop while driving, i think down to 44v is a bit too much?
( Remember, it's a 48v cart ).
Old 02-04-2022, 10:47 AM   #29
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Sounds like tired batteries to me.
Old 02-04-2022, 10:58 AM   #30
ojo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Trojan batteries from 2020, normaly i'd say like new but, you don't know what has happend with the first owner of the cart ( got dry, deep discharge ). That would of course ruin any battery.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO