lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-09-2022, 09:37 PM   #1
13RXV13
Not Yet Wild

Default Just bought my first Cart!

Just bought a used 2013 RXV and already hooked! Wanted to join the forum

It’s got 2020 batteries, rear seat kit, and does 19.4mph on GPS.

Things I want to do to it, and welcome to suggestions on
Wheels/tires-12” vs 14”- primarily street use, not wanting to lift.
Fresh body/or fresh paint
Add a SOC gauge
Headlights/tail lights
Reupholster the front and rear seats

Any issues with these years or things to look out for? Thanks in advance.
13RXV13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-09-2022, 10:04 PM   #2
cartdoc1969
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Just bought my first Cart!

Congrats and welcome to the cart world. The RXV's are a good cart but some caution should be taken with adding accessories and working on the carts electrical. I would get a factory SOC meter or at least one that uses the factory harness. Do not add any accessories by splicing to the factory wiring, the controller can be damaged that way. Get a 48 volt to 12 volt reducer and run it from the controller side large post on the solenoid. That way it will be powered by the key.
cartdoc1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2022, 08:54 AM   #3
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Congrats on the new ride and Welcome to our happy little corner of the net, and to BGW. There is a BIG fridge on the back porch with anything you can think of in it...help yourself...of course only take what you can LEGALLY have. Make yourself at home on one of the big fluffy couches, kick your shoes off, put your feet up on one of the tables, yes we are allowed to do that, mom's, wives, husbands, girlfriends and boyfriends here don't care....and take it easy.

oh...btw....every once in a while a food fight breaks out...so you may not want to wear nice clothes here.

Welcome!!
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2022, 09:20 AM   #4
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Welcome to the forum

Also since you have a 2013 with the Curtis it can be turned up at bit for more torque and speed just to pass the neighbors
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2022, 07:20 PM   #5
Cobra,1
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Welcome to the club.
Wealth of knowledge here and always willing to help.👍
Cobra,1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2022, 09:31 PM   #6
13RXV13
Not Yet Wild

We’ll…..Learned my first lesson with golf carts… don’t take the sellers word for anything. It’s not a 2013, it’s a 2009 (my own fault for not doing enough research prior to buying). It has the danaher controller. It’s already unlocked to it’s full potential from what I’ve read(compared to the Curtis). Nothing a Navitas controller in the future can’t fix I guess. Came with the flip rear seat, AC motor (my biggest concern when purchasing a cart) and all in all in pretty good shape.
Old 02-10-2022, 09:51 PM   #7
cartdoc1969
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Don't fear the Danaher, they are good controllers. There's not a ton of differences between the 2009 and the 2013. Major changes were the switch to Curtis, elimination of the parking brake lever and the bearing encoder being replaced by a sensor. Keep the batteries and the battery compartment clean and the harness will last. The AC motor used in the RXV's is almost bullet proof. Ezgo gets a gold star for that one, lol

One thing to keep an eye on..... the pedal springs do get weaker with age. Eventually they won't bring the pedals to home and the controller won't engage because it thinks someone is turning it on with a pedal pushed. Easy fix when it happens, there's a bunch of information on the site for it.
cartdoc1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2022, 11:04 PM   #8
13RXV13
Not Yet Wild

I noticed a noise in the rear driver side wheel. If I go really really slow, I can hear the noise at a certain point in the revolution. Almost sounds like a worn out brake shoe… guess I’ll be pulling the wheel. When lined up against the neighbors 2017 RXV, his leaves the line first, then my cart pulls on him to top speed, and then he catches up and both are dead even at 19.4mph.
Old 02-11-2022, 07:32 AM   #9
ojo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13RXV13 View Post
I noticed a noise in the rear driver side wheel. If I go really really slow, I can hear the noise at a certain point in the revolution. Almost sounds like a worn out brake shoe… guess I’ll be pulling the wheel. When lined up against the neighbors 2017 RXV, his leaves the line first, then my cart pulls on him to top speed, and then he catches up and both are dead even at 19.4mph.
The RXV has NO break shoes / wheel brakes at all! All braking is done by the motor ( counter current brake ), the parking brake attached to the motor operates electro magnetic.

The noise you discribe could be a loose/worn wheel hub or the axle bearing.

The acceleration of my Danaher was pretty good... there are 3 settings available > low / mid / high. You'll need a Danaher handset to check or adjust this.
ojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO