lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-26-2010, 06:03 PM   #1
jasbra
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default G16 clicks but won't run

I'm really, really new at this. I just got a G16 last week (2001 model). It has been working great. I used it a little this morning but when I got into it go this afternoon it would just click...not even turn over. Getting spark (I am guessing that is what the clicking sound is) but may be missing fuel and air. Any ideas for an easy fix? Am I not holding my mouth right?

Thanks.
jasbra is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-28-2010, 10:32 AM   #2
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

Default Re: G16 clicks but won't run

Check your battery and check the battery cables.

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 08:05 PM   #3
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasbra View Post
I'm really, really new at this. I just got a G16 last week (2001 model). It has been working great. I used it a little this morning but when I got into it go this afternoon it would just click...not even turn over. Getting spark (I am guessing that is what the clicking sound is) but may be missing fuel and air. Any ideas for an easy fix? Am I not holding my mouth right?

Thanks.

If the motor is not spinning over then you are not hearing the spark plug. The clicking you hear might be the micro switch or the solenoid. Need to determine which it is you are hearing.
check your fuse first, if that doesn't do it then:

The way to do a quick check of everything is to remove both small wires from the solenoid.
Then use two jumpers from the battery pos and neg to the two small solenoid posts.
If it spins over you have a problem with your starting circuit which you can trace with the above sticky diagrams.
If it does not spin over, take a big jumper and jump the two large solenoid post.
If that makes it spin you have a bad solenoid.
If it still does not spin by jumping the large posts you have a bad battery, battery connection or cable or bad ground or bad starter/generator.
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 10:47 AM   #4
bigunn
Not Yet Wild

Would you do the same test with a G9. Thanks
bigunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 03:08 PM   #5
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Yep, same for any cart, all that does is kinda start the testing in the middle and covers 50% of electrical system and gives a direction to head rather than starting at lets say the front of what I call the "low amp circuit" (parts like micros, key switch, fuses) and finding the problem at the end of the "large amp circuit" (battery, battery cables/ends, solenoid, starter/generator)
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha