lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-02-2013, 08:55 PM   #11
crash test dummy

Default Re: Does anyone HAVE one of these?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gornoman View Post
Keep the batteries charged, spend the money on booze.

ebay $99
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-02-2013, 09:01 PM   #12
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by gornoman View Post
Keep the batteries charged, spend the money on booze.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 04:30 PM   #13
BatteryZombiedotcom
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Hi guys'
First and foremost, I would like to let you know that I am in fact, an authorized dealer of the Battery Life Savers. I really love this product and what it does, but I would also like to point out that I do not sing the praises of this product because I am a dealer, but I BECAME a dealer of this product because I am constantly singing it's praises. Make sense?
The two best side effects of the BLS are this: #1- It SAVES Money. Period.
#2- It helps the environment. -Many more of these discarded lead acid batteries and components end up in landfills than probably realized. Recycling batteries is great but recycling will never keep 100% of these out of the landfills.
Battery desulfators are not a new idea, but the use of square wave radio technology to attack the sulfate crystals is. Many of you R/C guys out there- (or former R/C guys like me :) may remember changing out your crystals in the receivers and radios to change frequency. It's a revolutionary approach to dissolve sulfate crystals in lead acid batteries, and highly effective. Sulfation is the main cause of premature battery failure, and nothing will restore lead acids with shorted or open cells. I wont get into all the technical specs etc. of the BLS as the info is readily available- I simply would like you to know that there is an ALTERNATIVE to spending $500+ on a set of new batteries.
I have had a 48v BLS on my e-bike (recently overvolted to 60v and installed the 60v BLS) and use the 12/24 to rejuvenate a starter battery for my small boat, and also plan to install a BLS 36v on my daughters electric scooter as soon as she lets me mod it and record for youtube. So - Yes- I do own and use the BLS and became a dealer for them because of what I experienced.
Jeramy
BatteryZombiedotcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 04:51 PM   #14
essness
Not your usual outlaw

Yamaha

So, what is the expected benefit? Reasonably, what would be the return on the dollar?
essness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 05:01 PM   #15
carguy
Gone Wild

Club Car

Smile Re: Does anyone HAVE one of these?

I bought a Power Pulse brand desulfator for our '05 Precedent. The car sits in Phoenix for the summer month's and doesn't get run at all. A neighbor comes over once a month and charges the batteries, but the batteries do not get "cycled" at all.

The batteries are not quite 2 years old and they still charge up to 100%.
Not really a good test yet.

I am a former Telco tech and Telco engineer. I have a lot of experience with batteries, and know that batteries will sulfate over time. Some of the Telco batteries had a see thru case and we could see the plates, and the growth on the plates, and the cases would expand. And once in a while the case would leak! Now there's a mess to clean up. I have heard from friends that are still working & maintain the batteries, that these desulfators really do work.

My 2 cents worth.
carguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 05:12 PM   #16
JcXtreme72
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatteryZombiedotcom View Post
Hi guys'
First and foremost, I would like to let you know that I am in fact, an authorized dealer of the Battery Life Savers. I really love this product and what it does, but I would also like to point out that I do not sing the praises of this product because I am a dealer, but I BECAME a dealer of this product because I am constantly singing it's praises. Make sense?
The two best side effects of the BLS are this: #1- It SAVES Money. Period.
#2- It helps the environment. -Many more of these discarded lead acid batteries and components end up in landfills than probably realized. Recycling batteries is great but recycling will never keep 100% of these out of the landfills.
Battery desulfators are not a new idea, but the use of square wave radio technology to attack the sulfate crystals is. Many of you R/C guys out there- (or former R/C guys like me :) may remember changing out your crystals in the receivers and radios to change frequency. It's a revolutionary approach to dissolve sulfate crystals in lead acid batteries, and highly effective. Sulfation is the main cause of premature battery failure, and nothing will restore lead acids with shorted or open cells. I wont get into all the technical specs etc. of the BLS as the info is readily available- I simply would like you to know that there is an ALTERNATIVE to spending $500+ on a set of new batteries.
I have had a 48v BLS on my e-bike (recently overvolted to 60v and installed the 60v BLS) and use the 12/24 to rejuvenate a starter battery for my small boat, and also plan to install a BLS 36v on my daughters electric scooter as soon as she lets me mod it and record for youtube. So - Yes- I do own and use the BLS and became a dealer for them because of what I experienced.
Jeramy

Something seems a little spammy (it's a word I just said it so it has to be) about this post.

But any ways those battery tenders work great for people that don't take care of their batteries. If you do then you wont see any benefit at all.
JcXtreme72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 08:45 PM   #17
crash test dummy

going to install one this weekend
will do a write up and test it over the next year
Old 05-11-2013, 06:05 AM   #18
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

. . . BLS claims of "doubling or tripling" battery life is enough to make me skeptical . . . can't imagine a golf cart battery pack lasting 15 years . . . and for the wholesale cost of these units, why don't golf cart manufacturers install them at factory?
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 10:28 AM   #19
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by JcXtreme72 View Post
Something seems a little spammy (it's a word I just said it so it has to be) about this post.

But any ways those battery tenders work great for people that don't take care of their batteries. If you do then you wont see any benefit at all.
You and I have the same thoughts...

Good luck crash!
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 11:30 AM   #20
Speedchaser
Gone Wild

I doubt battery companies would push desulfators as they would rather sell new bats.
Speedchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car