lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-25-2014, 08:46 PM   #1
UroGator
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default 36 Volt to 48 Volt conversion- battery cable lengths?

Hi all,

I al planning on going all out and going to 48v conversion with Alltrax DCX400 PDS controller. I am going to get 6 Trojan T-875 (8V). I currently run 6 Trojan T-605s (6V). Will my battery cables still fit, or do I need to get different lengths to fit the new batteries? I have never seen the posts of the T-875 and am not sure if the cables will just plug and play? Thanks.
UroGator is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-26-2014, 08:17 AM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 36 Volt to 48 Volt conversion- battery cable lengths?

The posts on 8V batteries are both on the same side, so cables used to connect six 6V batteries in series may not be long enough.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 08:19 AM   #3
UroGator
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Any idea where I can find the info on the exact lengths I need?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-26-2014, 08:32 AM   #4
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

No, maybe someone that knows will chime in.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 10:26 AM   #5
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Gator because I KNOW 48v and 36v battery cables are different for the very reason that Johnnie mentioned....and since I thought I MIGHT go 48v in the future.....when I did my complete rebuild, I bought a set of 48v cables....and yes they are a bit longer. right now I am at work and my cart is at home, or I would run out and measure them......BUT, if you don't get a answer by this evening, I will measure mine and let you know.
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 10:32 AM   #6
UroGator
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Great. Thanks Sir nuke

Old 02-26-2014, 11:07 AM   #7
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I just finished the conversion to six 8v Crowns last week. The Crown post configuration looks to be about the same as T-875s. None of the 5 cables from my T-105s would fit. I ordered the (5) battery connecting cables from CartsUnlimited. They were all ~ 17 inches. If you are making them yourself some could probably be a little shorter and it depends on how you set the batteries (position). I chose to set the batteries with all the posts facing the passenger side.

BTW, the jump to 48v is awesome. Initial GPS tests indicate significantly longer range per charge (190AH in my case) with greatly improved acceleration and hill climbing ability. Should have done this years ago.
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 11:29 AM   #8
UroGator
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Nice kernal! Thanks. What size tires are you running and what speeds do you get?

Old 02-26-2014, 11:47 AM   #9
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by UroGator View Post
Nice kernal! Thanks. What size tires are you running and what speeds do you get?

Tires are a measured 17.74" tall. Gps measured a steady 22mph on my test path going both directions with 2 adults aboard. On my test hill I increased to 15-16 mph from 12 mph. I have run a measured 15 miles using 20% (80% remaining) of battery capacity under LESS than ideal conditions. Cool weather and a heavy foot. This on the SECOND charge! Keep in mind I have a series cart so a PDS should be faster. My cart is also heavy with factory rear seat, long roof and heavy duty springs plus the Cr190s are heavier than the T 870s
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 11:53 AM   #10
UroGator
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kernal View Post
Tires are a measured 17.74" tall. Gps measured a steady 22mph on my test path going both directions with 2 adults aboard. On my test hill I increased to 15-16 mph from 12 mph. I have run a measured 15 miles using 20% (80% remaining) of battery capacity under LESS than ideal conditions. Cool weather and a heavy foot. This on the SECOND charge! Keep in mind I have a series cart so a PDS should be faster. My cart is also heavy with factory rear seat, long roof and heavy duty springs plus the Cr190s are heavier than the T 870s
Those are some great results! What were your speeds like when you were on 36v? Were you running the Alltrax 400 controller on 36v?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO