lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Garage and Workshop
Garage and Workshop Tips & Ideas for the garage or workshop.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-04-2014, 06:37 PM   #1
tew45
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

Default Impact tool

40 years ago I bought a hand impact tool and it worked very well for me until I was able to buy an air compressor and an air impact wrench. I broke all the bits for the tool and since they were 5/16 in diameter I couldn't find replacements. Last year I was looking for a tool in a Sears store when I saw a 5/16 in impact bit on the rack. I bought the one I usually needed and left the store. Then I couldn't find my old tool and decided if Sears had the bits they had to have the tool and sure enough they did. I bought another and have used it often over the air tools since it is so handy. It works on nuts, Phillips and flat blade screws. Need more torque use a bigger hammer. The tool number is 9 47641. It is very handy for a tool box.
tew45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-04-2014, 06:46 PM   #2
PAPABEAR1
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: Impact tool

Good Deal....
PAPABEAR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 06:58 PM   #3
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

There are tons of uses for them.I literally have over $125k invested in tools,and my $6 Impact-Driver still gets a lot of use.They are simple and work well,especially on frozen screws.
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 08:10 PM   #4
RobCons
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I'm with Pachanga90 on this, just not as much invested. But the impact driver is a handy little thing on screws.
RobCons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 03:53 PM   #5
TomStark
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by tew45 View Post
40 years ago I bought a hand impact tool and it worked very well for me until I was able to buy an air compressor and an air impact wrench. I broke all the bits for the tool and since they were 5/16 in diameter I couldn't find replacements. Last year I was looking for a tool in a Sears store when I saw a 5/16 in impact bit on the rack. I bought the one I usually needed and left the store. Then I couldn't find my old tool and decided if Sears had the bits they had to have the tool and sure enough they did. I bought another and have used it often over the air tools since it is so handy. It works on nuts, Phillips and flat blade screws. Need more torque use a bigger hammer. The tool number is 9 47641. It is very handy for a tool box.
And you can use a 3/8 drive 1/4 inch socket if you only have the smaller 1/4 inch bits.
I am 58 and still have the impact tool I bought in high school! I will say though that there has never been a case I would use it over an impact wrench. they sort of cover different jobs. The impact driver I bought mostly for the door latches on cars.
Tom
TomStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 04:34 PM   #6
tew45
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

I worked on many Honda motorcycles and I used my hand impact on the Phillips case screws. Later I bought a butterfly air impact for that job but I still had to use the hand impact for the most stubborn screws. I used it on some hex bolts in the field. It is hard to do without one when the need arises!
Old 08-31-2015, 06:00 PM   #7
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

I don't know this tool. Show me please.
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 06:32 PM   #8
cart around
Test before replacing

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by gornoman View Post
I don't know this tool. Show me please.
There are many brands out there. http://www.tooltopia.com/lisle-30750...eyAaAi9r8P8HAQ

This is also a good place to buy specialty tools. It used to be the Boeing surplus store. https://www.yardstore.com/
cart around is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 06:42 PM   #9
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Thank you. I figured that was it, but wasn't sure. I have seen those around.
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 07:31 AM   #10
tew45
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

I Did not pay that much at sears but I bought mine about 2 years ago.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Garage and Workshop