lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-24-2017, 12:24 AM   #1
Banditz
Not Yet Wild

Default I think I made a BooBoo...

2003 CC DS series cart.

Plum quick Bandit motor.
Stock wiring. (Changing out soon as this is fixed)
700 amp fsip controller.
High amp solenoid
High amp FnR switch
Good batteries

Changed out the FnR switch, controller, and solenoid tonight with my little brother. The cart is extremely jerky. Not at all smooth like it was just ten minutes before I started doing all the changeout. Barely any throttle it will jerk forward/stop then when you push through that it will slam you back in the seat. But over all top speed seems slower. I only drove the cart maybe 200' at a time but before the changeout the cart would be flyin by then, now it feels much better off the line but slow on top end. I tried adjusting the three different pot's on the controller but am not getting anywhere. Can someone direct me to a online manual? Or anyone know what's going on?

Also, I do not have reverse at all. The solenoid clicks, but it's a no go.
Banditz is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-24-2017, 09:57 AM   #2
Banditz
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: I think I made a BooBoo...

This is the FnR switch I bought. It's the one buggies unlimited said was the right one. But it's different than the stock one. Wasn't quite sure where to put the wires
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_6060.jpg (44.9 KB, 0 views)
Old 06-24-2017, 09:57 AM   #3
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

I was going to say this is a classic sounding MCOR problem, but then you said you had no reverse....

Is the reverse buzzer sounding? (Because if it does, and the solenoid clicks, I believe that points to a faulty controller)
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 01:31 PM   #4
Banditz
Not Yet Wild

Nah, no buzzer. Lol
Old 06-24-2017, 01:41 PM   #5
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Then it is a problem with the FNR switch or the wiring going to it. What is different about it?

This is the diagram for your cart I believe http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...-diagrams.html Post #3
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 11:28 AM   #6
Porkman
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

My guess is you have some of the cables to the F&R switch in the wrong place. Since you said the switch is physically different, you will need to try and figure out how it works compared to the old one. Some of the experienced folks here might know. Once you figure that out, traces the cables and make sure they are hooked up like the link NoleFan4Ever posted.
Porkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 10:15 AM   #7
Banditz
Not Yet Wild

Found the problem. Apparently with that type FnR switch you need to tie the green and white wires on the third micro switch together. This results in the controller giving full speed to forward and reverse. Otherwise you only get partial speed in forward which is exactly what I was experiencing. Felt only as fast as my cart did before the install, maybe a few mph slower. Now, this puppy is kicking!! 28mph, and ripping grass up with 23" tires! Yeah! About time!
Old 06-26-2017, 07:40 PM   #8
gpj
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banditz View Post
Found the problem. Apparently with that type FnR switch you need to tie the green and white wires on the third micro switch together. This results in the controller giving full speed to forward and reverse. Otherwise you only get partial speed in forward which is exactly what I was experiencing. Felt only as fast as my cart did before the install, maybe a few mph slower. Now, this puppy is kicking!! 28mph, and ripping grass up with 23" tires! Yeah! About time!
Dang, I have the same cart - stock - and it does 12...
gpj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 07:42 PM   #9
gpj
Not Yet Wild

Have you noticed any negative effects from the new setup? Decreased range for example?
gpj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 06:33 AM   #10
Banditz
Not Yet Wild

I have never killed the batteries in general. So range has never been an issue. Still doesn't seem to be one.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car