lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-06-2017, 10:54 AM   #1
bfleming76
Not Yet Wild

Default Suspension Issues resulting in bad camber

I purchased this cart with a Rhox spindle lift and the camber is horrible. Is this something that can be adjusted, or should I bite the bullet for a new lift and tires? As you can see, it is eating the tires up on the inside. I was told that CC's don't react well to spindle lifts and I should have an A-Arm lift. Funny thing is, when I lift up the front end, it goes back to normal. Once I drive down the road, back to spread eagle.

Sorry for the lame question, I'm new at the cart thing.

Brad
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_8265 (1).jpg (195.0 KB, 0 views)
bfleming76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-06-2017, 10:58 AM   #2
Kashmir
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Suspension Issues resulting in bad camber

Not sure if that can be adjusted. If I were you, I'd get an A arm lift and be done with it. Especially if you are going to be off road at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kashmir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 11:07 AM   #3
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Worn springs, worn bushings or most likely a combination of the two will cause exactly what you've got.
You say that it goes to "normal" when you lift it up? If the toe is out that far it will also spread the tires like that.
Just some things to look at before you give up and spend the money on another lift.
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 12:10 PM   #4
bird6246
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Jakes make a camber Adjustment King Pin that allows you to adjust the camber. Is that a 6" lift?
bird6246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 12:15 PM   #5
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfleming76 View Post
I purchased this cart with a Rhox spindle lift and the camber is horrible. Is this something that can be adjusted, or should I bite the bullet for a new lift and tires? As you can see, it is eating the tires up on the inside. I was told that CC's don't react well to spindle lifts and I should have an A-Arm lift. Funny thing is, when I lift up the front end, it goes back to normal. Once I drive down the road, back to spread eagle.

Sorry for the lame question, I'm new at the cart thing.

Brad
The plates that came with the kit are slotted about 3/4" to 1". You can adjust those plates to pull the camber back in. Look at the bolts at the top and loosen them. It should be there. I do not know if you have a 3, 4, or 6 inch lift and the design changes, but the camber is adjustable for each.

And yes, it looks right when you jack it up because there is no load on the suspension and you are wayyyyy negative and that furthermore demonstrates the camber is far out of adjustment as they should have went positive when you raised it. I hope it did not take a really HARD jar and you also have a bent spindle, but you will have to loosen it all up and readjust to find out.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 04:12 PM   #6
bfleming76
Not Yet Wild

I believe it's a 6" lift. I played with the tow this afternoon and when I think I got it, I din't have it.

I pulled tow way in, to where when loaded (sitting on ground) it looked better. At that point when I would lift it up, to positive camber. Take it for a drive, seems quieter and running pretty good. I stopped to check steering, took a hard left, and the right front wheel didn't want to correct back to straight. I would have to go in reverse to straight the right tire out. Which leads me to think, there is another problem. After parking and re-evaluating still way negative on the camber.

If anyone has experience this, feedback would be awesome. Last resort is taking her to the shop, and we getting close.

Thanks for the help, y'all!
bfleming76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 06:55 PM   #7
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Save yourself a lot of headaches and put a double A-Arm lift kit on it. Spindle lifts are notorious for wearing out bushings. You can replace the bushings, but there's a good chance you're not going to get ideal camber even after you do. It'll make it better, but it's never going to drive as good as a car with a double a-arm kit.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 06:59 PM   #8
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Like TD71 and Kash said above, replace it. You have a damaged spindle as what you describe is fundamentally unique to a bad part. I very much dislike spindle lifts and feel they take away from the carts suspension.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
club car, precedent, suspension
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car