lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-07-2017, 10:25 AM   #1
yannicksjh
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default Max RPM on admiral MOT-A2 "speed motor"

Did some research and cant seem to find the specs on the admiral mot-a2 "speed motor", more specifically the max rpm.

Thanks
yannicksjh is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-07-2017, 10:33 AM   #2
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: Max RPM on admiral MOT-A2 "speed motor"

I saw a post from scottyb and Sergio in the last week that gave some good examples. I can't find it yet but maybe they will reply here, too.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 12:06 PM   #3
NCPW
Just Gone

Club Car

I think they said to keep it under 6500 rpms in that thread. To be safe, I'd set my max rpm around 6000-6200.
NCPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 02:08 PM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Manufacture specs 6000 rpm max. 6000 is a fairly common number agreed upon by all manufactures of aftermarket motors.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 04:38 PM   #5
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Manufacture specs 6000 rpm max. 6000 is a fairly common number agreed upon by all manufactures of aftermarket motors.
Mental note made.....
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 07:35 PM   #6
Cruise Master
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
We use to call that a six grand grenade in the old neighborhood. So do they also suggest what is the safe rpm zone? and also what is most efficient rpm's for cruising? I'm guessing 5-6 would be the red zone on a tach gauge if it was present on a golf cart. Maybe 4-5 for max HP, all just a SWAG on my part.
Cruise Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 08:48 PM   #7
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Interesting thing about electric motors is the max torque is produced between 1 and 0 rpms
Old 07-08-2017, 07:52 AM   #8
Cruise Master
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Interesting thing about electric motors is the max torque is produced between 1 and 0 rpms
Yep, you can hold the driving shaft of a very low hp gas motor and stall it out. Try that with the same size electric and you'll break your wrist.

Funny thing about these carts is I seem to always have my foot to the floor. Thinking the reason is because they run under 25mph which seems slow and doable. So for me that would say max rpm almost all the time. On the ATV I start to feather off the gas at around 27mph.

I would think the field maps from Alltrax would have the rpms set in them correctly. Hopefully they work hand in hand with the motor makers and are more then just a couple of guys starting a cottage business. Absolutely nothing is wrong with that, as long as the consumer knows what they are getting as far as R&D. Don't mind doing the wild wild west route, but at over a $1,000 for motor and controller I start to flinch a little, and my ATV is looking a lot smarter.
Cruise Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 08:37 AM   #9
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Alltrax is not a couple of college guys just starting out.
They have a engineers who collect test data when testing motors that boggles the average mind. I know this because I have sent motors to them for testing and mapping and the data I received was extensive & frankly staggering in quantity and detail.
Keep in mind they are the oldest aftermarket controller manufacture with nearly 20 years of R&D behind them. I will venture to say they also have sold the highest volume of aftermarket controls. And are still the only company with a 2 yr replacement warranty. It is irresponsible & ludicrous for you to suggest they may not be qualified.
Old 07-08-2017, 09:05 AM   #10
yannicksjh
Getting Wild

Club Car

I understand the mot-a2 is considered a "speed motor" but it seems to have alot less torque then my old stock motor. What would be a good setting to maximize torque out of this motor? Dont get me wrong, I love the speed out of it but when I hook up the FNKS (forgot to bring it up to our cottage) id like to have a "torque" mode. Im sure I could have bought a different motor but the local golf cart store gave it to me for a clearance price (someone ordered it and changed their mind)

So does lowering the max rpm give it more torque as it was mentionned the max torque on electric motors is 0-1 rpm?
yannicksjh is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car